2000 Lagoon Blue PFL in Surrey

Started by GodalmingMR2, May 25, 2020, 21:09

Smithy

wow the lagoon blue is stunning. Good looking 2, good job on the polishing. I may have to get a clay bar.
03 Astral black MR2 OEM+

paulj

Quote from: Smithy on June  8, 2020, 10:03wow the lagoon blue is stunning. Good looking 2, good job on the polishing. I may have to get a clay bar.

cant beat a shiny blue!
Today
2000 x reg pfl - blue - as original no mods
In the late 1980's
1982 x reg Toyota Corolla Liftback Coupe (also blue)
1978 s reg Mitsubishi Celeste Coupe (yellow)

GodalmingMR2

10-06-2020: 4 new tyres fitted (Toyo Proxes TR1) and alignment done. Very wet here, so no chance to really try them out yet.

GodalmingMR2

Lots of wire brushing, washing and coating with Hydrate 80 going on here at the moment ...

GodalmingMR2

I'd prefer matching pairs of parts like these (rear brake calipers) - how important is that?
You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

GodalmingMR2

20-June-2020: Finished the cleaning, treatment of surface rust (Bilt Hamber Hydrate 80) and couple of coats of Hammerite on rear suspension bars.  Changed the auxiliary belt.

GodalmingMR2

3-Jul-2020 - Nathan's Ultimate Gear Linkage Bushes installed. Feels good on stationary car. Will test drive tomorrow.

GodalmingMR2

9-Jul-2020 - Short shift and solid shifter cage mounts fitted. Feels very directly connected now, but it's not a gear change that you would call 'light'.

Ardent

May I suggest a visit to the gearbox end and a good lubrication of all the visible moving parts that end. Air box removal will assist in this endeavor.

Edit
For clarity, I do not have your set up, but a good "lubing" of the linkage is time well spent.

GodalmingMR2

You cannot view this attachment.
Lovely run from Surrey to Cotswolds yesterday - though it would have been nice to have a little more sun - seem to have chosen the wrong day! Saw one more MR2 on the way (quite close to home) - also blue; did not return a wave.  Gave my father-in-law a quick blast.  Tried to return home with the top down, and found that showers were not really an issue until they got a bit heavier and the water started flowing over the top of the (closed) side windows, then pulled over and put the hood up.

paulj

Well done for keeping the hood down in showers, as long as you dont stop its is normally OK.  As well as water in the sides, look forward to a dose of water in the lap if you are going fast in showery heavy rain.  The water gets partially cleared upwards by the wipers and overtops the windscreen.  All good stuff and (importantly) roof down and dont give in!!!!
Today
2000 x reg pfl - blue - as original no mods
In the late 1980's
1982 x reg Toyota Corolla Liftback Coupe (also blue)
1978 s reg Mitsubishi Celeste Coupe (yellow)

BahnStormer

Nice car - you've been busy!! I wish my 2006 had headlights that clear!!

My pre-cats were fine at 102k.... they only came out 'cos I wanted a Toyosport manifold - nice addition and would save you fixing that heatshield :)

I drive mine onto bricks for any jacking, otherwise I can't get the trolley jack in there...
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

BahnStormer

Quote from: GodalmingMR2 on May 28, 2020, 19:5426-28 May 2020 - more clay bar and polish/seal. Received and fitted 'Pull' trim for soft top (major improvement!). Received oxygen sensor socket in advance of checking to see if pre-cats are still there and condition.

I prefer the one below.... photo taken as I needed to source the missing screws from Dick Sloan.

That's brushed metal - looks really neat!
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

Ardent

@GodalmingMR2

Well played. I recall from some deep dark back alley of a memory, dropping the side windows a tad somehow helps with water/rain not hitting you in the ear or back of head.
But top marks for pressing on.

Tags: