MR2ROC Business cards

Started by markiii, August 7, 2003, 12:56

markiii

Juyst realised that as I posted it in the news forum, no-one can post ant feedback.   s:? :? s:?  

So what do you think?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"Juyst realised that as I posted it in the news forum, no-one can post ant feedback.   s:? :? s:?  

So what do you think?

am i missing something?

<edit> that will teach me not to look at the home page   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  </edit>

Anonymous

The rears are off by a long way too the left....   s:( :( s:(

markiii

I know they look it, but are you saying they print that way? Cos they print fine for me?

Anyone else have the problem?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

yeah they print that way... if they were in dead centre like the fronts they would print fine (at least on my work printer).

Anonymous

Kris is right, they are lined up wrong on the back.  Also when I print them out I get a horrible yellowish background for the logo and url on the front, presumably where it should be white/transparent.

The font used on the back also prints out a bit 'funny' it looks all 'scratchy' if you follow, and a pain to read.  I suspect this, and the yellow background issue, are probably something to do with the conversion to .pdf.

--H--

Anonymous

Surprise surprise...never happy   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

markiii

Anybody else have cores colur printing issue? core what printer are you using?

Humble Jim

Had no problems printing on mine (HP OfficeJet G95). No yellow effect as seen by --H-- and logo rendered super silvery smooth.
H&S Exhaust

markiii

did the rears line up

Anonymous

I tried on my colour printer at home, same problem with them not lining up... the rears need to be centred like the front is...

Humble Jim

Hmmm....I get the feeling I'm missing something here...like maybe the point   s:? :? s:?  . What exactly is meant by 'rears not lining up'? I'm no typesetting expert see. They just look OK to me. 'Rears', wot rears? There's nothing double sided here is there?
H&S Exhaust

markiii

Jim,

Theres 2 files a front and rear. If you re feed the paper then the rears should print on the back of the cards. It works for me but others have reported problems getting the 2 to line up.

Mark.

Core what printer are you using?

Humble Jim

Oops   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  !!!  That'll teach me to drive from Leeds to Worcester and back in blazing sunshine and attempt to read a post correctly.

I've now checked. For me too the rears don't line up. 1.2cm off (almost exactly half an inch in old money).
H&S Exhaust

Humble Jim

...I'd add the rear text is 'choppy' too. Coarse if you will. When it prints it looks like a bit like I'm running out of toner, which I'm not. It looks like that too when I zoom in on it with Acrobat Reader 5.
H&S Exhaust

Anonymous

I'm printing on an HP Colour Laserjet 4500PS.  I've had this issue with yellow backgrounds on .pdf's before.  It's usually when there is an image with a transparent background, the transparent bit gets printed yellowish for some reason.

Don't ask me why.

--H--

markiii

Chaps,

I'm going to fix the rear text isue ASAP. The blurring isn't a major problem, the line up appear to be just my printer needing the offset soI'll produce a norml version for the rest of you.

Core,

I think it's because your printer is too good (seriously) and teh driver is printing stuff that neither the eyes or cheaper printers can't cope with. I have an idea how to fix it so bear with me.

Mark.

Anonymous

s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

why cant i view it????

come on it bods do i need to change some setting or sumthing   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

View what? The documents are accessed from a link on the home page - you need Acrobat to open them.

markiii

Apologies for the delay guys.

I've now fixed the rear text scratchiness, and hopefully the line up problems. These will be uploaded tonight.

Please have another go and see whether they work for you.

Anonymous

I still get the old ones from the home page?!?

markiii

Just edited the post, above.

Steve will upload them tonight.

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"Just edited the post, above.

Steve will upload them tonight.

s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

markiii

Links now updated, let me know how you get on.

Tags: