Workshop/maintenance manual

Started by scm2004red, June 8, 2020, 20:02

scm2004red

Has anyone found a source for a decent workshop/maintenance manual on CD or similar?

Just purchased one from ebay which promised to be all things from 99/06 and was all dated 2000 and about as much use as using a stick of rhubarb to do up a sump plug!

I know there is a lot of useful info here, and the Car Mechanics piece is better than the stuff I got today, but I do like something to refer to.

I do miss John Haynes, pity he never got to the Roadster.
MR2 Red Edition 2004
Porsche 924 1984

Ardent

Does not answer you question directly. But someone will be along to fill in the blanks. @shnazzle
I'm fairly sure there is an official means of accessing Toyotas own manual.
I know others have mentioned it, just not what the proper name/link is.

shnazzle

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/OnlineSubscriptions.aspx

Then I just get a 3 GBP subscription for an hour of looking at files and saving as PDF for later use. which, from my understanding of theT&Cs is allowed, as long as you don't distribute
...neutiquam erro.

paulj

downloading for your own use later is within the T&C.  With a reasonable internet connection I pulled the whole manual for under £10.  It comes in pdf sections of a few pages each so I then spent some quiet winter nights with a pdf merge app!
Today
2000 x reg pfl - blue - as original no mods
In the late 1980's
1982 x reg Toyota Corolla Liftback Coupe (also blue)
1978 s reg Mitsubishi Celeste Coupe (yellow)

barchetta_ms

Try this :
Mod: sorry can't allow that link.
That's essentially someone distributing the copyright content.
It's out there... But we can't be see distributing it for obvious legal reasons

scm2004red

Thanks guys, food for thought.
MR2 Red Edition 2004
Porsche 924 1984

ManInDandism

I managed to download something which I have called 'Repair Manual' on my own PC completely free of charge but that was several years ago. I can't remember the link (presume I shouldn't post it even if i did  :-X  ).  It's in 22 sections and I recollect having to get each one individually.  Is identical to the Service Manual on Spyderchat, though it's broken up in little subsections there.
Black 2004 Roadster
Previous: Black 1994 Mk2 Turbo

barchetta_ms

shnazzle  - my apologies, totally understand

Tags: