PFL -> FL front under brace

Started by jvanzyl, June 20, 2020, 19:31

jvanzyl

So having fitted the face lift version of the front under brace I can honestly say it's a big improvement. Definitely more substantial feeling in the front, again a reduction in flex in the chassis giving an overall improvement on handling. Annoyed at myself for not fitting it for all these years.

For those on pfl setup- I can certainly recommend getting a set ofF a FL. they're probably very cheap to get.

Gaz mr-s

John do have a front strut brace fitted?

jvanzyl

Quote from: Gaz mr-s on June 20, 2020, 22:53John do have a front strut brace fitted?

Yup that was my first mod!
I've also got tte mid under combined with breastplate as well.

Gaz mr-s

So you already had all the above, but adding the FL tubes made a significant difference?  Am I correct that they make a parallelogram shape?  Different mounting bolts?

Anyone else done this too?

jvanzyl

Quote from: Gaz mr-s on June 21, 2020, 12:57So you already had all the above, but adding the FL tubes made a significant difference?  Am I correct that they make a parallelogram shape?  Different mounting bolts?

Yes yes no

People should! Kicking myself for not having done it sooner

onion86

Quote from: Gaz mr-s on June 21, 2020, 12:57So you already had all the above, but adding the FL tubes made a significant difference?  Am I correct that they make a parallelogram shape?  Different mounting bolts?

It's the same mounting bolts, there's just two added cross beams. Here's the visible difference from when I did it on my old car a long time back: https://www.azekiel.co.uk/mrs/mods/frontmemberbrace.html
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

tets

I did it but I also did the control arms, and all the front (OEM) bushes at the same time and it made a big difference.

jvanzyl

I'm also fully poly bushed all round, did that a couple of years ago. So this change is a definite additional improvement that is noticable.

Tags: