2002 MR2 named Pirate

Started by Chicobala19, August 2, 2020, 09:43

Chicobala19

Hello, this is my MR2 that my friend Camil made.
During the two months of ownership, the two changes I did, was to fit an android unit and exhaust manifold without the pre cats 😁.

Since the pictures are so many and quite big, I uploaded into my google drive:
Link google drive -> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tzgLUG2Cb0VB4Cyrk1-C7KyhKZNP59eI?usp=sharing

In the next couple of weeks I will drive around 7k miles over the course of 2 weeks (August 2020). I will go back home (Portugal), I'll try to take lots of pictures and get peoples reaction.

Link of pictures I had taken to the car: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nE5qyHcQsl85zA1KXRuK7WJpatxdaHFo?usp=sharing

Bcxbcx

Nice! That's a pretty cool looking car.
Is the steering wheel recovered with Alcantara? Is that by Royal or someone else?
How are the headlights modified? They look different somehow.
Also, have you got more photos of the rear diffuser?
2000 W PFL in black

Topdownman

I imagine this is the type of car Batman would drive on his day off!
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Ardent

Quote from: Bcxbcx on August  2, 2020, 10:22Nice! That's a pretty cool looking car.
Is the steering wheel recovered with Alcantara? Is that by Royal or someone else?

Headlights very different. If pics of the white sister car also appear, they appear slightly different again.
Poor description on my part. But like a 4 segment separated halo around a projector lamp.
Looks a damn sight better than I've described.

Chicobala19

Quote from: Bcxbcx on August  2, 2020, 10:22Nice! That's a pretty cool looking car.

Hello, sorry for taking a bit longer to reply. The steering wheel is the factory one that my friend Camil made in Alcantara including the red stripe at the top. The headlights are modified, now they are Bi-xenon with DRL that turns on when the key is in the ignition. My friend Camil still had some hours until the insurance would run out for his MR2, so we took some pictures today. I should be able to get some angles from the diffuser since both cars have the same one. Only difference is one has carbon fiber and mine has only ABS plastic.

Chicobala19

Quote from: Ardent on August  2, 2020, 11:34

Headlights very different. If pics of the white sister car also appear, they appear slightly different again.
Poor description on my part. But like a 4 segment separated halo around a projector lamp.
Looks a damn sight better than I've described.
Yes the headlights are different, both cars have Bi-xenon, the main different on them is on the sister white has another cover on top of the shroud of the projector. While on the black one just has the shroud from the projector painted in black.

Tags: