Emanage blue and Emanage tools

Started by thetyrant, August 6, 2020, 11:34

thetyrant

Ok im having a tinker with a Emanage blue on my car while i decide what to do next turbo wise etc, ive used one of these EMB's many years ago on a Mazda Mx 5 i supercharged but my memory is a bit rusty on what i used to get  that setup! 

Anyhows its slowly coming back and now remember that i used some 3rd party software called Emanage tools or something like that  ? (not the Greddy offical support tools software), this 3rd party software allowed me to connect wideband to 2nd Maf input on the EMB and datalog it all together with everything else...i think!  also im sure it also allowed me to output the datalogs in excel csv format which is much better for me than the Greddy files as i can upload in Virtual dyno etc.

I cant for life of me find my old emanage software collection (still 1 more old laptop to dig out and check yet!) and i cant find this Emanage tools software anywhere on the net, if anyone has it or knows where i can download it please let me know :D

Once i get it all working i will do some back to back road pulls to load into Virtual Dyno to see if any gains can be had with a few tweaks to fuel/igniton etc, im not looking for much and mainly just for fun and trackdays etc and the joy of tinkering :)

I will probably use the EMB to start with once i go turbo again just to see how far i can get with it, i loved the Link G4 on my last setup but this time im going to build a lower budget version, at least to start off with but it will probably get out of hand! :D

Ex-2005 roadster  owner, i will be back :D

Carolyn

Quote from: thetyrant on August  6, 2020, 11:34Ok im having a tinker with a Emanage blue on my car while i decide what to do next turbo wise etc, ive used one of these EMB's many years ago on a Mazda Mx 5 i supercharged but my memory is a bit rusty on what i used to get  that setup! 

Anyhows its slowly coming back and now remember that i used some 3rd party software called Emanage tools or something like that  ? (not the Greddy offical support tools software), this 3rd party software allowed me to connect wideband to 2nd Maf input on the EMB and datalog it all together with everything else...i think!  also im sure it also allowed me to output the datalogs in excel csv format which is much better for me than the Greddy files as i can upload in Virtual dyno etc.

I cant for life of me find my old emanage software collection (still 1 more old laptop to dig out and check yet!) and i cant find this Emanage tools software anywhere on the net, if anyone has it or knows where i can download it please let me know :D

Once i get it all working i will do some back to back road pulls to load into Virtual Dyno to see if any gains can be had with a few tweaks to fuel/igniton etc, im not looking for much and mainly just for fun and trackdays etc and the joy of tinkering :)

I will probably use the EMB to start with once i go turbo again just to see how far i can get with it, i loved the Link G4 on my last setup but this time im going to build a lower budget version, at least to start off with but it will probably get out of hand! :D

Talk to Shnazzle about this - he's had tears of e-manage stuff.  I think he has learned to desist these days!!
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

shnazzle

Quote from: Carolyn on August  6, 2020, 11:51Talk to Shnazzle about this - he's had tears of e-manage stuff.  I think he has learned to desist these days!!

I wouldn't go that far :) Men seldom learn. I still want to plug it back in, but only for logging purposes. Blank maps :)
The slow OBD2 refresh rate does my head in
...neutiquam erro.

thetyrant

Yes the slow stock OBD is woeful and it was nice on quick test drive last night to have the EMB making some faster data :D

Just need to find this emanage/alphatools thing, im hoping its on my other old laptop as with these EMB's hardly being used these days all links for it online ive found are dead or look dodgy!

shnazzle

Quote from: thetyrant on August  6, 2020, 12:23Yes the slow stock OBD is woeful and it was nice on quick test drive last night to have the EMB making some faster data :D

Just need to find this emanage/alphatools thing, im hoping its on my other old laptop as with these EMB's hardly being used these days all links for it online ive found are dead or look dodgy!

I've got eManageTools if you want. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1X5pQtlfc4qdXNhZ2RBUF8zdEE?usp=sharing

under software there should be a zip
...neutiquam erro.

thetyrant

Quote from: shnazzle on August  6, 2020, 13:10I've got eManageTools if you want.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1X5pQtlfc4qdXNhZ2RBUF8zdEE?usp=sharing

under software there should be a zip

Excellent thanks now to see if it works on more modern laptop/os as i seem to remember it was a bit fussy even back when i used it last!

thetyrant

Good news the Emanage tools Shnazzle linked me above works on my mapping netbook with Win7 on it, time to get some data  :D

moca2cv

I've got a whole bunch of maps as well from when I acquired mine I'd helpful to anyone - I'll get them on google drive if anyone wants them.
John

shnazzle

Quote from: moca2cv on August  6, 2020, 20:35I've got a whole bunch of maps as well from when I acquired mine I'd helpful to anyone - I'll get them on google drive if anyone wants them.
John
Should be a bunch of maps in the link above as well. 

Wishing I hadn't binned the log converter :(
...neutiquam erro.

jvanzyl

Think it would be good to get the index updated again add to what's what...

thetyrant

OK got my wideband hooked into the AFM2 input on the EMB today and then using Emanage tools mentioned above i was able to log the AFR in csv format, ideal for uploading to Datazap and datalog labs etc unlike the the Greddy log file format!, AFR in the logs isnt quite perfect match to what is showing on Wideband unit as i need to tweak the linear output voltage going to EMB as its not earthed to same place , but its close enough for now and within 0.2afr.

I had seen mention of how rich these cars run on threads about the maf mod etc but was surprised to see it dipping into the 11's right at top of revs,  basically mid 12's and below from about 4k up once your on it!,  thats richer than ive mapped some turbo cars  :o

Below is a link to the Datazap upload of a short run with some full throttle pulls in 1st to 3rd so hopefully you can see it..

https://datazap.me/u/thetyrant/mr2-mk3-stock-emanage-blue-and-mild-timing-tweak?log=0&data=1-3-8

Also a screenshot of one area to make it simpler to see for those not familiar or able to use datazap.

You cannot view this attachment.

Just to note there is some extra timing added on the EMB in this run but not huge amounts and all fueling is untouched, i will be looking to lean out the top end a bit in the air map and maybe a touch more timing in the ign map as well to crisp up the top end of revs.

thetyrant

Played around the the mapping today just to try and get the mixture a bit leaner to sharpen things up, still some work to do but ive got it from high 11's at top end of revs it was as stock leaned out to high 12's which more where i want it to be, certainly feels a bit crisper to rev out.

Also managed to get the EM tools csv logs to work in Virtual Dyno as they didnt at first, seems VD doesnt like the Time line be in Milliseconds and prefers it in hours/minutes/seconds, had to find a formula online to do that in excel as ive no clue on formulas! seems to work ok with a little edit to delete lines where it rounds up numbers due to decimal issues.

Screenshot of VD below.

thetyrant

Little bit more work on the topend AFR mapping and got it pretty much where i want it now, comparison below compared to the run i did yesterday which was a bit rich still above 5700, as you can see the Red trace which is latest tune has  picked up a little HP being a touch leaner, think there maybe more to come right at top as it a feels a bit flat and not sure if the is oem ecu starting to pull back for a softer revlimt before it hits the actual rev limit.

HP is different from my last upload above as ive adjusted car weight closer to where i think i will be, need it on weighbridge really to be sure, the numbers are not really important though at this stage just looking for the differences between runs really.

Ignition timing wise im not sure how effective the EMB is adding timing?  but there is 5deg more in the EMB map at top end on both these runs, i dont understand how the EMB advances timing if im honest it must either be a cycle behind or does some guessing! ive only ever used it to retard timing under boost on the mazda i used one  on previously, it does seem to make some difference advancing it on the map im just not sure if its accurate so playing it safe, will add a bit more at top end see what it does.

Tags: