Momo boss - horn plug

Started by Dudi, August 12, 2020, 09:42

Dudi

Could someone advice whether the white plug for the horn connector (on the clock spring) fits behind the Momo boss?

I'm just in the process of fitting the boss and a steering wheel, it seems pretty tight behind there with the white plug in place.

Gaz mr-s

I don't think so. Do you have a wire that has a female connector to mate with a male spade, & the other end has a very slim connector to go on a single pin?  It goes into the clock spring

Dudi

I've got everything that comes with the Momo boss as new.

There's an airbag resistor and a horn connector extender with a male + female spade ends. The single pin connector wire which I think you mean is connected into the white oem plug, if I pull that out I'd have to solder it to the clock spring connector.

Bossworld

I have the MOMO collapsible boss and a genuine OMP wheel.

You need to take the original horn connector and tease the pin/snap the original white ( ? ) large plastic off it so you can get it back onto the original steering colum connector and clear the boss.

You then need to make up a short wire to go from your horn button (assuming it's a two connector one) and I grounded this using a spade connector on the back of one of the 6 screws that attach the wheel to the boss.

Will try and dig out some pictures

Incidentally my horn button has been falling out of the wheel in this heat and grounding out against the wheel. Particularly fun on roundabouts or quiet residential streets doing 3 point turns

Bossworld

Picture is before I fully broke off the white connector but you get the gist

Dudi

Thank you for the detailed response Bossworld (clearly with that name you're the authority on any boss related topics!)

Funny thing is I fitted a Momo boss to my old MR2 3/4 years ago but completely forgot whatever I did because it worked absolutely fine back then.

Tags: