'05 Budget Track Hack

Started by Roj, August 23, 2020, 14:12

Roj

Quote from: shnazzle on October 31, 2021, 14:18Love that shifter. Considered it a while back.

Would you maybe be better off putting some spacers under the cable brackets next to the hand brake? Seems a sudden angle there which may cause wear and tightness?

Yep, that's something I need to address. I tried without the OEM brackets and the cables rattled about a bit. Back into the brackets hasn't made any difference to the shift, so this is prererable until I can knock something up to sit level. The mounting points for the cage to the floor are slotted so you can adjust it to suit the natural lay of the cables.

thetyrant

Shifter looks impressive!  i find the shift on my car so accurate and precise i cant imagine why you would need to fit something like this but if its working better for you that is all that matters :D

When are you at Croft ?  if im free might pop over for a nosey :)
Ex-2005 roadster  owner, i will be back :D

Roj

Quote from: thetyrant on November  1, 2021, 12:00Shifter looks impressive!  i find the shift on my car so accurate and precise i cant imagine why you would need to fit something like this but if its working better for you that is all that matters :D

When are you at Croft ?  if im free might pop over for a nosey :)

This coming Monday, 8th November. If you can make it along you're welcome to take it a spin round the paddock to see what you think of the box & shifter combo :)

Tags: