Hardtop rental, this weekend, between Preston and Croft - anyone?

Started by AdamR28, September 16, 2020, 13:41

AdamR28

This thread may win the 'long shot of the year' award but here goes...

I was about to pull the trigger on a Javelin event at Croft circuit this weekend, then noticed one of the regs means my car isn't eligible without either 'adequate roll over protection' or a hardtop (can't see how that is adequate rollover protection, but hey, I don't make the rules...).

So, my question is, is there anyone between Preston and Croft circuit willing to let me rent a hardtop for the weekend? I am absolutely happy to collect from you (Saturday afternoon), drop off back with you (early Sunday evening), leave the full value in cash with you while it's away, and then leave some of that once I've gone as a rental fee / thanks.

Not expecting floods of replies on this one  :))  But having done similar (from the other way round) in the past, I thought it was worth a shot.

Thanks in advance,
Adam

jvanzyl

Totally would be happy to loan but I'm a long way south of you...

StuC

Just thinking out loud...
Do you also need the fitting kit?
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

AdamR28

??

Seriously though - I hadn't considered that... perhaps a non starter in that case. I come from MX5s where they have the little 'stubs' as standard!

AdamR28

Quote from: jvanzyl on September 16, 2020, 14:05Totally would be happy to loan but I'm a long way south of you...

Very kind, thank you! It's the thought that counts :)

StuC

Quote from: AdamR28 on September 16, 2020, 14:25

??

Seriously though - I hadn't considered that... perhaps a non starter in that case. I come from MX5s where they have the little 'stubs' as standard!

In reality it's only 4 brackets and some bolts. You don't need the trim specifically, unless they see a sharp edge I guess.
If you are going travel for the top I don't see the brackets too as a big issue personally.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

tets

i replied on the other thread but i have in Eccles with Rogue mounts and it's off and in my unit

Tags: