Rear speakers in hard top

Started by CB 1971, December 5, 2020, 16:19

CB 1971

hi all thinking of putting rear speakers in car,not many options but was thinking of mounting the
M in the hard top corner plastic next to where demister cable plug is ,anybody else tried this ?

puma2

never seen or hear about this being done on a 2 before.

CB 1971

Got a set of speaker adapters just trying to get them to fit ,trial and error as background not flat ,will post pics soon when done,

CB 1971

Adaptors cut and speaker fitted still a bit of sanding fits quiet well,You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

CB 1971

Speakers done ,You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

Hammond

They look great! All wired up yet?
05' silver

CB 1971

Not yet will be tackling that this week hopefully.

StuC

You have done well to fit that in with the style bar too.

Not heard of anyone doing this before. I am curious to see how you feel the sound is changed. Looks like they point slightly rearwards due to the mounting face on the hardtop plastic. 🤔
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

CB 1971

Yes they do think you could get away with straight adapters but may have to butcher plastic behind them  didn't want to risk this only needed 3 small holes to mount them ,plastic sides are still available from Japan and USA if it went wrong,

StuC

Quote from: CB 1971 on December 29, 2020, 08:57Yes they do think you could get away with straight adapters but may have to butcher plastic behind them  didn't want to risk this only needed 3 small holes to mount them ,plastic sides are still available from Japan and USA if it went wrong,

See how they sound first though. 👍

Iain

Good effort, love a bit of outside the box thinking  :)

CB 1971

Wired from stereo to rear storage  bins, easy to do i have original Sony stereo and original loom.just connected new wiring  for speakers into unused plug from radio loom two purple wires and two green wires,wired them up temporary  to see if everything worked think its worth doing if you have the time speaker right behind you and don't have too turn stereo up loud to hear it paid £20 for speakers and £10 for appators and £5 for wire,waiting for plastic connectors to put in storage bins to separate when I take hard top I summer,will post  final pics when finished,

CB 1971

all wired up and working major improvement with cheap rear speakers definitely worth doing ,

StuC

Quote from: CB 1971 on January 15, 2021, 18:35all wired up and working major improvement with cheap rear speakers definitely worth doing ,

Nice one. Good result.
Any chance of a shot from the outside of the hardtop looking in?
Kinda wanna see how obvious they look or not.

Tags: