What's the little light(?) for?

Started by 11891952, January 15, 2021, 08:08

I was giving the interior a bit of a spruce up yesterday, as it needed it.  And noticed what looks like a light, next to the small coin holder, to the left of the steering wheel.  Anybody know what it's for?

Ta, Joe.

shnazzle

Quote from: 11891952 on January 15, 2021, 08:08I was giving the interior a bit of a spruce up yesterday, as it needed it.  And noticed what looks like a light, next to the small coin holder, to the left of the steering wheel.  Anybody know what it's for?

Ta, Joe.
Hi Joe. That'll be your alarm/immobiliser light

I put my heated seat switches there and the immobiliser light is dangling behind the dash somewhere
...neutiquam erro.

m1tch

Its for the immobiliser fob if you are running one of them - the immobiliser light flashes below the HVAC console.

I have used that space to just add in a switch for launch control/traction control etc.

Thanks, I did wonder!  I've got the light that is in the bottom of the HVAC controls that blinks, and I'd assumed that was the immobiliser light.  Is this a second one then?

Either way, sounds as though I'm safe to move the light itself somewhere and use the space for a button. ;D

paulj

The immobiliser is where you say, central on heater control. The one on the drivers side is the led for the original thatcham alarm as fitted on delivery to the UK. That works with your lock/unlock buttons on the key.

Always worth remembering the alarm and immobiliser are two separate systems
Today
2000 x reg pfl - blue - as original no mods
In the late 1980's
1982 x reg Toyota Corolla Liftback Coupe (also blue)
1978 s reg Mitsubishi Celeste Coupe (yellow)

Ahhhhh, okay, that makes sense.  I'll have a play with buttons and keys to educate myself further, thanks for the  clarification. ;D

BahnStormer

I think the one next to the AC is the alarm (it flashes a lot when you're coding a fob) and the one next to the coin slot (if you still have one) is the immobiliser... I think it's just a hangover from the 90's when an alarm was an extra option, so they wanted to show it off to any prospective thieves...
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

Tags: