How to put the hardtop in it's bag?

Started by Jimbo, March 2, 2021, 13:43

Jimbo

So it's washed, dried and off. Laid the bad out on the decking and put the hardtop on top. Now I've no idea! It doesn't seem big enough to go all the way round? What am I missing?
Mark - Project Stop Gap - 03 Roadster in blue

Carolyn

Zip the bag completely open with the vented side down.

fold the top flap back as far as it will go.  Place the hardtop onto the single thickness of the bag, top up and the window towards the flap.  Flip the flap over the top and work the top into the bag until it's all the way in. Zip up the bag.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Jimbo

Thanks, will have a look when I'm off my call.

Soft-top is mostly closed, just waiting for it to slack off a bit before the final couple of inches.

Jimbo

Correct answer - it's not a bag! Searched and searched for the zip and couldn't find i :-[ Turned the thing around and the velcro worked to cover the top, sides are lose but it's protected and on it's stand. Will post some pics in my project thread.

StuC

Quote from: Jimbo on March  2, 2021, 15:36Correct answer - it's not a bag! Searched and searched for the zip and couldn't find i :-[ Turned the thing around and the velcro worked to cover the top, sides are lose but it's protected and on it's stand. Will post some pics in my project thread.

There is deffo an art to it @Jimbo.
When we take one of ours off I'll do a how to  👍
I have to re-remember how to do it every time. 🤦🏻‍♂️😂
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Ardent

C had covered it.

I was simply going to say the back edge, goes in first.

ptennisnet

Watch out how you store it when not in use.  The mice got to mine so it's more like a string vest than a bag...

Tags: