taking the seats out and putting them back in

Started by almitch1, March 10, 2021, 12:13

almitch1

Hi Everyone,

i took the seats out of my car this morning to give it a good clean etc. The passenger seat came out and went back in with no trouble at all. The drivers seat came out ok but when it came to putting it back in there was an issue. The 2 from bolts went in fine as did the back one nearest the door, the one the goes into the centre console really didnt want to go back i managed to get it in but now im not sure it will come back out.

has anyone else has any issues like this or know what it may be?

Thanks

Call the midlife!

Need to fit them all loosely at first so there's enough movement in the seat to get all the holes lined up, not necessarily all at the same time but enough to make sure you're going in straight with the screws.
Sounds like it's gone in cross threaded, either back it out, loosen all the rest and try again or it might need a thread cleaner running down it.
60% of the time it works everytime...

shnazzle

Make sure that the runners are free when fitting. Likely is that you bumper one side and its out of alignment. Fit one side, lift the slider release and then align the other leg.
...neutiquam erro.

Joesson

All answered above while I was typing.

Carolyn

Take out the offending bolt.  Wire brush the threads spray WD into the hole and onto the bolt.  As others have said, loosen all bolts a little so the seat can move.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

m1tch

Would have also been worth removing the front screws from the centre console (with the handbrake) as they are hard to get to with the seats in - mine is just held in with the rear screws without issue and much easier to get to the handbrake adjustment.

Petrus

I locate both pins of the front mounting in. The rear ones are then at the correct length.
Put in the one on the tunnel first, almost hand tight. Then the other rear. slide the seat back and fit the front hand tight.
Wiggle the seat and tighten all in above sequence.

Tags: