Boxing gloves

Started by Halls, March 24, 2021, 15:09

Halls

I keep seeing references to "boxing gloves" that cover the side mounts for the hard top. Never seen them before, does anyone have any pics?

SV-3

Quote from: Halls on March 24, 2021, 15:09I keep seeing references to "boxing gloves" that cover the side mounts for the hard top. Never seen them before, does anyone have any pics?
You can just about make out the one on the driver's side in the attached photo.
Please burn after viewing as it's one of the few shots of my car without a 'roof'!You cannot view this attachment.
'03 Mk3 Chilli Red (Avon ZV7's: 26F/32R)
Sony WX-920BT
"Hardtop Cognoscenti"
"Stock Cubed"
"AirCon Aficionado"
"Keeper of the Beeper"
Ex '88 Mk1b White (Yokohama A539's: 26F/28R)
"Here we all are, rumours and old toffee abound." John Martyn

Halls

@SV-3 mmm wondered what they looked like.
Picture now burning ;)

Nice looking car too

Joesson

I thought that you kept your HT on because you were perhaps ashamed of your soft top, but there it is ears tucked in and looking very neat.
Thank you for the picture, that makes 1001 reasons why I don't have a hard top, I'd be sure to poke my eye on the boxing glove when rummaging in the bins.

Matt

Any idea if you can buy extras like the boxing gloves from MrT? I've got everything except them.

Ardent

Appreciate nice to have the genuine thing. But an upholsterer or other should be able to knock something up.

Petrus

any ladyfriend with a sewing machine can.

J88TEO

baby mittens will do...choice of colours  ;D

Mikeymead

Quote from: Petrus on March 28, 2021, 10:53any ladyfriend with a sewing machine can.

Bit sexist, in my house I'm the one who uses the sowing machine, wife wouldn't have a clue.
Ding Day 2016 "Best In Show" & "Inspector Gadget" winner, not that I'm gloating or anything like that!

Petrus

Quote from: Mikeymead on April  1, 2021, 09:00
Quote from: Petrus on March 28, 2021, 10:53any ladyfriend with a sewing machine can.

Bit sexist, in my house I'm the one who uses the sowing machine, wife wouldn't have a clue.

any boyfriend with a sewing machine can.

Í myself could. My son could.
Thing is that my mom made clothes for us kids, my on gf did and last year made masks for the whole extended family, the other gf sews designs for a fasjon shop.
Sexist it is. I lóve sex.

Porker

Another mystery solved...

Ardent

100% (or even 200% depending how you view it) mutually sexist in our house. Neither of us would a clue.

What's a sewing machine?

What torque does it have?

Petrus

Quote from: Ardent on April  1, 2021, 23:25100% (or even 200% depending how you view it) mutually sexist in our house. Neither of us would a clue.

What's a sewing machine?

What torque does it have?

Bubbly has a professional one and mán that thing goes through foúr layers of heavyduty leather with more ease than a chainsaw.
She modded the duffs of the sheepskin jacket she modellled. Probably sexist too but by jove did she look better than me ´dressed´ this manner.

Bernie

Closer pik for reference

You cannot view this attachment.
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

Ardent

Could have sworn there was a new poster before  @Bernie  post

Call the midlife!

Quote from: Ardent on February 23, 2023, 23:11Could have sworn there was a new poster before  @Bernie  post
There was, a spambot scammer post that I thought I'd first edited to explain was a spammer and we were aware but then just removed altogether.👍🏻
60% of the time it works everytime...

Tags: