New badge

Started by Mr2paul, March 27, 2021, 09:47

Mr2paul

Hi all, genuine Toyota bonnet badge. Straight swap with the old. Good quality and I like it.
Dare not show you the rear badges yet, I'll wait till I'm ready to leave the club 🤔🤔
Learning is good. Failing to learn is not an option

Carolyn

Quote from: Mr2paul on March 27, 2021, 09:47Hi all, genuine Toyota bonnet badge. Straight swap with the old. Good quality and I like it.
Dare not show you the rear badges yet, I'll wait till I'm ready to leave the club 🤔🤔

Leaving the club is not allowed.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Joesson

Am I right in saying that the Screaming Chicken badge is Toyota OE on MRS models and the Sombrero is Toyota OE for the MR2?
Nevertheless I don't recall many/ any previous changes from Chicken to Sombrero and being " First" doesn't come with a " Get out of the Club" card!

SV-3

Quote from: Joesson on March 27, 2021, 10:46Am I right in saying that the Screaming Chicken badge is Toyota OE on MRS models and the Sombrero is Toyota OE for the MR2?
Nevertheless I don't recall many/ any previous changes from Chicken to Sombrero and being " First" doesn't come with a " Get out of the Club" card!

It's just someone asking for help :)
'03 Mk3 Chilli Red (Avon ZV7's: 26F/32R)
Sony WX-920BT
"Hardtop Cognoscenti"
"Stock Cubed"
"AirCon Aficionado"
"Keeper of the Beeper"
Ex '88 Mk1b White (Yokohama A539's: 26F/28R)
"Here we all are, rumours and old toffee abound." John Martyn

Call the midlife!

I was always led to believe the Screaming Chicken is the original badge from the Mk1, the one more shield shaped that actually has the image of the "screaming chicken" on it.
The rhomboid one is the midship runabout badge, appearing on later model Mk3s and all JDM models.
60% of the time it works everytime...

Petrus

I am ok with the OEM Toyota badge.
Mine was OEM without ´Roadster´ or ´Spyder´ on the back; just Toyota and MR2.

Íf I would change the front one, it would be for the mk1 badge for the heritage aspect.

Mr2paul

I didn't study the heritage of the badge at all. I like it and I'm keeping with the silver and black theme. It is in genuine Toyota packaging and fitted perfectly and says midship runabout on so can't see why there is confusion. It was made for the mk3 and no other. It's not from any other mark so in keeping I think. My rear end is quite a different matter tho, and I will reveal to mr joesson just before I get the exit door 😀😆🤔 possibly. Sick buckets at the ready when the time comes.😎😎😎😎

Matt

Can you still buy the badge from MrT?

Mr2paul

Don't no. It was online and not mr t directly. Enquiry and report back with price etc. It's sure is far better than the " common " T front badge that all T,s have. Our cars deserve distinction, FACT. Pm me if you want supplier details but don't tell anyone 😉😏🤗🤗

Call the midlife!

Quote from: Matt on March 27, 2021, 18:16Can you still buy the badge from MrT?
Yup, if you look for the Toyota ebay shop they're usually around £35.

Mr2paul

Good call there call the midwife, you can pay £20 for a sht badge but these are spot on. I'm only down the road so be nice to see another 2 if you fancy. Ain't seen another yet ! 😀

Call the midlife!

Quote from: Mr2paul on March 27, 2021, 19:08Good call there call the midwife, you can pay £20 for a sht badge but these are spot on. I'm only down the road so be nice to see another 2 if you fancy. Ain't seen another yet ! 😀
Aye, once it's drivable again.

Mr2paul

If you need a hand then shout up ok. Hope it's back soon.😄

Call the midlife!

Quote from: Mr2paul on March 27, 2021, 19:40If you need a hand then shout up ok. Hope it's back soon.😄
All good, cheers but if the garage door is open there's always something to laugh at.

I'm currently concerned some parts might be struggling to get through the Suez Canal so might be a while yet.

Joesson

Mr2paul said:

My rear end is quite a different matter tho, and I will reveal to mr joesson just before I get the exit door 😀

Thank you but l'll pass on your offer!

Joesson

Quote from: Call the midlife! on March 27, 2021, 19:42
Quote from: Mr2paul on March 27, 2021, 19:40If you need a hand then shout up ok. Hope it's back soon.😄
All good, cheers but if the garage door is open there's always something to laugh at.

I'm currently concerned some parts might be struggling to get through the Suez Canal so might be a while yet.

Indeed, to misquote an old saying :
It's Green on both sides at the moment!

Mr2paul

Your so funny joesson and it was a joke. I must thank you for your continued advise to knobs like me, and hope it continues. You will all get a clear picture of my rear end in due course. Not for the faint hearted, so ladies look away. I'm scared of the backlash from purists tbh. bUT, she ain't going to get sold ever and will end her days in a yard somewhere. I am her final owner even tho it don't make sense

Petrus

Quote from: Mr2paul on March 27, 2021, 20:29You will all get a clear picture of my rear end in due course. Not for the faint hearted, so ladies look away.

No worries, I don´t contemplate sharing some of mine even with the ´adults only´ caution...

Dev

I have a Roadster emblem  on the back of mine. One of the nice things about this forum is someone went though the trouble of going to their dealership to send one to me. When people come to the car and take a look at it they scratch their head. I had to explain to some others at various MR meets that it is an actual factory badge. If you look at the R it is in the same font as the rest of the badging.

The MR2-Spyder badge we were designated I felt was too juvenile looking.  The MR-S badge I felt were nice and I read somewhere it was not used in our markets because it looks feminine like a married women disignation. I have contemplated getting it anyway to get the car closer to its roots.

Mr2paul

Pooh. Pics please DEV. I'm intrigued. Sounds good.😊😊

Carolyn

So much fun to be had around badges.

Strictly speaking there were three different models with three different badges.

The 'Roadster, which is the European car.  (LSD standard)
The 'Spyder', which is the North American car. LHD and no LSD)
The 'Mr S'. which is the Japanese domestic model. (RHD and LSD optional).

You cannot view this attachment.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Mr2paul

Great info Carolyne. I'm not showing my rear yet, with your big ex spoiler on. Drives n sounds a dream so all is good. I'll get my coat😀😀😀😳🙄🙄

Mickemo

Quote from: Mr2paul on March 27, 2021, 18:26Don't no. It was online and not mr t directly. Enquiry and report back with price etc. It's sure is far better than the " common " T front badge that all T,s have. Our cars deserve distinction, FACT. Pm me if you want supplier details but don't tell anyone 😉😏🤗🤗

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/1616885715

Hi @Mr2paul is this where you bought your badge from ?

fawtytoo

Quote from: Carolyn on March 28, 2021, 16:05So much fun to be had around badges.

Strictly speaking there were three different models with three different badges.

The 'Roadster, which is the European car.  (LSD standard)
The 'Spyder', which is the North American car. LHD and no LSD)
The 'Mr S'. which is the Japanese domestic model. (RHD and LSD optional).

You cannot view this attachment.
What about the Aussies? Did they have the Roadster like us?
"My name is not important" - Slartibartfast

Karthoum

Quote from: fawtytoo on June  4, 2021, 15:48What about the Aussies? Did they have the Roadster like us?

They only had SMT equipped cars, no manuals

Tags: