Door dimensions - or bodywork technical drawing

Started by AJRFulton, May 19, 2021, 21:22

AJRFulton

I'm currently 350 miles away from my car - and surrounded by sea - with terrible wifi.

Ordering up sponsor decals for the car, but.... forgot to lift the dimensions of the car so I can be sure.

Could anyone attach me something.

Call the midlife!

I can probably sort something in 15 minutes or so but it'll be by pm.
60% of the time it works everytime...

AJRFulton

I'd appreciate that. I am sure 500x500 is fine as a slot, but I cannot be sure.

Call the midlife!

My reference material has dimensions for every bit of the chassis and frame but nothing t all about the fluffin panels! And I can't even get to mine to physically measure them.
Hopefully someone else will be of more use before I can measure mine tomorrow teatime.
Apologies..
60% of the time it works everytime...

Topdownman

There are quite a few different places you can measure the door.

The length of my door just underneath the handle is about 123cms.

The depth from the bottom of the mirror to the top of the first swage line is just over 40cms and from the bottom of the mirror to the bottom edge of the door is about 50cms.

Is there any specific place you want measuring?
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

AJRFulton

Quote from: Topdownman on May 20, 2021, 08:44There are quite a few different places you can measure the door.

The length of my door just underneath the handle is about 123cms.

The depth from the bottom of the mirror to the top of the first swage line is just over 40cms and from the bottom of the mirror to the bottom edge of the door is about 50cms.

Is there any specific place you want measuring?

Hi buddy.

Basically I just want to be sure I can fit a 600W x 500H decal under the door handle (I have a 400W x 200H decal that is required and it lives under the wing mirror)

Topdownman

That sounds touch and go!

The handle is lower than the mirror so you cant get 50cm below it. The space from the front of the handle to the mirror is less than 60cm so you have to go under the mirror.

The sticker is going to have to be at the very bottom of the door which may mean it could lift?

Not sure if you could loosen the mirror and slide a mm or two under it to give slightly more space?
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Tags: