Outdoor car cover

Started by Rushy67, May 27, 2021, 07:24

Rushy67

My Roadster unfortunately has to live outside and i currently use a Halfords all weather cover which has worked well, but i am looking for something more tailored with wing mirror pockets.
I live in a very windy part of the south west and feel my car would benefit from a "neoprene type elastic material cover,"
Does anyone have any experience of the "custom covers" available so i can be pointed in the right direction. I realise some are very expensive but renting a garage near me can cost 1k a year and thats if you can find one.
I appreciate the problems car covers can create, ie paint damage etc so please keep the thread to experience of custom fitted covers.
Thanks in anticipation

JB21

fawtytoo

I'm always dubious of the claims of "fitting" a specific car when the photos never show the car in question.

There's this one:
www.carscovers.co.uk/toyota-mr2-mk3-car-cover-1999-2007.html
"My name is not important" - Slartibartfast

JB21

Quote from: fawtytoo on May 27, 2021, 11:46I'm always dubious of the claims of "fitting" a specific car when the photos never show the car in question.

There's this one:
www.carscovers.co.uk/toyota-mr2-mk3-car-cover-1999-2007.html

You mean the same one I posted above from Coverzone...but cheaper on Ebay.

https://www.cover-zone.com/products/search-results/?make=88&model=MR2+Mk3&year=2004&trim=Sports

fawtytoo

Yeah, they all look rather generic. Even the link I provided too, although they did go to the trouble of showing a picture of an MR2, even if the cover isn't on it.
"My name is not important" - Slartibartfast

JB21

My effort for less than £30.

Tags: