Zunsport grills discontinued

Started by steveash, June 8, 2021, 11:54

steveash

I got an email reply from Zunsport this morning to say they are discontinuing some or all of their products for our cars. I was hoping to get the rear letterbox grill for mine but they no longer stock them.

So get what you need while you can. If there is interest in a group buy of the grills that they no longer list (they're out of side intakes too) I can try and persuade them to produce a run.

The Other Stu

Wow! They're going to become the next hard top if we're not careful.
I can understand though. They probably don't make that many now.

I'll be moving mine over then from one car to the other.
No Longer Here

puma2

:) i spoke them last year and i think i had the last chrome finish bottom grill of them.
they did make a batch up years ago and used a members car to get the fitment right.
think was Mark ( mister K)

so when sold out they not make them no more i was told.
you can buy sheets of them and will have to cut to shape and fit yourself.

if you got got a few people interested you  may be able to another run to be made up.

they do a fitting service as well or did before covid.
so may be worth asking how much for a 1 off 8)

steveash

I've ordered a black sheet and will attempt to make the upper rear grill. If I can manage to do a decent job I might have a go at the front HVAC vent too.

If I make a pig's ear of it I'll give in and pony up for the fitting service.

The Other Stu

Quote from: steveash on June 10, 2021, 21:22I've ordered a black sheet and will attempt to make the upper rear grill. If I can manage to do a decent job I might have a go at the front HVAC vent too.

If I make a pig's ear of it I'll give in and pony up for the fitting service.
You can't do a worse job than Zunsport did. It's wibbly wobbly and I've gpt mine held on with tie-wraps, because it kept moving.
No Longer Here

steveash

Quote from: The Other Stu on June 11, 2021, 07:59You can't do a worse job than Zunsport did.

Don't be so sure. I have what it takes!

MrEncee

I have a silver aka stainless engine cover BNIP if anyone wants it drop me a line with price you want to offer.
MR2 mk3. 2002 (02)  1.8 VVT-i Manual, Liquid Silver Metallic (1D0), Black Leather, Air Con, Refurb wheels, Toyo T1R's. Carpet Mats, front & rear hydro struts. Original Hardtop (Used in winter). Toyota History. 'Mostly' Original & Standard.
2006 (PP) 2.2 Corolla Verso T-Spirit Full Map Sat Nav

Smithy

Quote from: steveash on June  8, 2021, 11:54I got an email reply from Zunsport this morning to say they are discontinuing some or all of their products for our cars. I was hoping to get the rear letterbox grill for mine but they no longer stock them.

So get what you need while you can. If there is interest in a group buy of the grills that they no longer list (they're out of side intakes too) I can try and persuade them to produce a run.
I have a SS letterbox for my 2 that I may let go? I wanted the full set but its the only one I ever got a chance to get. Would that give you a full set?
03 Astral black MR2 OEM+

steveash

Quote from: Smithy on July  6, 2021, 15:36
Quote from: steveash on June  8, 2021, 11:54I got an email reply from Zunsport this morning to say they are discontinuing some or all of their products for our cars. I was hoping to get the rear letterbox grill for mine but they no longer stock them.

I have a SS letterbox for my 2 that I may let go? I wanted the full set but its the only one I ever got a chance to get. Would that give you a full set?

Yes, I don't suppose it's a black one is it?

Smithy

Its silver and the only one I have so it looks a bit odd. I will have a think and let you know.
03 Astral black MR2 OEM+

EJMK3

Would also be interested in any sets or part sets people are considering selling. 

Tags: