No biggie but mot fail, heads up

Started by Mr2paul, July 13, 2021, 18:05

Mr2paul

Hi all. Mot today for the 2. It failed before the tester got there !!! Tinted rear lights are a no no on a 2 apprarantly as it stops a reflector shining back thru the light unlike some other cars. She had a clip missing to secure the handbrake so I'm very pleased in a way.
I was thinking emissions or handbrake tbh but all passed with flying colours.
Untainted the lights with brake fluid ( be careful,,,, very careful ) and made a clip so all is well again and for 20yrs old is looking great underneath.
My first mot under my ownership so all iv done is new tyres n brake pads n discs plus some bits n bobs like gear oil and ps fluid flush, uv replace, from you smart guys. I think it's partly down to the forum that she is such a good car. Many thanks but now she's goin on sale.
Learning is good. Failing to learn is not an option

paulj

The requirement is to have a reflector, so if you like the tinted lenses then perhaps fit a separate reflector strip somewhere on the bumper.....
Today
2000 x reg pfl - blue - as original no mods
In the late 1980's
1982 x reg Toyota Corolla Liftback Coupe (also blue)
1978 s reg Mitsubishi Celeste Coupe (yellow)

Chilli Girl

Quote from: Mr2paul on July 13, 2021, 18:05Hi all. Mot today for the 2. It failed before the tester got there !!! Tinted rear lights are a no no on a 2 apprarantly as it stops a reflector shining back thru the light unlike some other cars. She had a clip missing to secure the handbrake so I'm very pleased in a way.
Untainted the lights with brake fluid ( be careful,,,, very careful ) and made a clip so all is well again and for 20yrs old is looking great underneath.
My first mot under my ownership so all iv done is new tyres n brake pads n discs plus some bits n bobs like gear oil and ps fluid flush, uv replace, from you smart guys. I think it's partly down to the forum that she is such a good car. Many thanks but now she's goin on sale.

Whaaaaaaaat?  Why? 
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Mr2paul

Sadly she just don't get used ( or abused for that matter) I work a good way off so use the fiesta 71.5 mpg this month so far so she just sits n I have to force myself to take her for a spin. Taxed n insured for no reason tbh as she sits n waits for me to take her out. Like my dog. 😔😔

Chilli Girl

Sorry to hear, well let's hope it stays in the Club. Your Fiesta economy is excellent. :o
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Joesson

Quote from: Mr2paul on July 13, 2021, 18:18Sadly she just don't get used ( or abused for that matter) I work a good way off so use the fiesta 71.5 mpg this month so far so she just sits n I have to force myself to take her for a spin. Taxed n insured for no reason tbh as she sits n waits for me to take her out. Like my dog. 😔😔

Please advise what model/ engine returns that mpg.

Mr2paul

Hi, it's a 1.6tdci titanium model.  Best it did was Doncaster to Southampton n back at 82 mpg. Hope it helps.

Joesson

Quote from: Mr2paul on July 14, 2021, 10:10Hi, it's a 1.6tdci titanium model.  Best it did was Doncaster to Southampton n back at 82 mpg. Hope it helps.

Amazing.

Ardent

Taking everything into account, with stats like that, one has to wonder how much planet would be saved going electric.

Mining metals for batteries etc etc

The Other Stu

In our latest Company Car list is a heavy oil Pug 208 that does 97mpg on extra-urban (That's WLTP too, not the old "fiddled" ones).

As my trip to work fits into this category (Single lane A roads with few hills), it probably would do over 100.
No Longer Here

tricky1138

Quote from: Mr2paul on July 13, 2021, 18:05Hi all. Mot today for the 2. It failed before the tester got there !!! Tinted rear lights are a no no on a 2 apprarantly as it stops a reflector shining back thru the light unlike some other cars. She had a clip missing to secure the handbrake so I'm very pleased in a way.

I was just talking to the person that did my sun strip and she said that tinting the rear lights is legal as long as the reflector part still works.

So using a tinted wrap is fine, but using a tinting spray is not.
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

Tags: