Fl fog light replacements

Started by BARNPOT2000, July 26, 2021, 17:57

BARNPOT2000

Hi all, I'm sure this subject has been "fogged" to death, sorry couldn't resist 😊, but what do members recommend to replace the OEM fog lights that, on mine, have corroded reflectors? I've tried to search the forum but can't find out where to buy them. All help appreciated as always 👍.
TF099 silver

SV-3

Quote from: BARNPOT2000 on July 26, 2021, 17:57Hi all, I'm sure this subject has been "fogged" to death, sorry couldn't resist 😊, but what do members recommend to replace the OEM fog lights that, on mine, have corroded reflectors? I've tried to search the forum but can't find out where to buy them. All help appreciated as always 👍.
Bought mine on ebay this year, haven't fitted them yet though.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/weareyoung_2018
'03 Mk3 Chilli Red (Avon ZV7's: 26F/32R)
Sony WX-920BT
"Hardtop Cognoscenti"
"Stock Cubed"
"AirCon Aficionado"
"Keeper of the Beeper"
Ex '88 Mk1b White (Yokohama A539's: 26F/28R)
"Here we all are, rumours and old toffee abound." John Martyn

BARNPOT2000

Quote from: SV-3 on July 26, 2021, 19:44
Quote from: BARNPOT2000 on July 26, 2021, 17:57Hi all, I'm sure this subject has been "fogged" to death, sorry couldn't resist 😊, but what do members recommend to replace the OEM fog lights that, on mine, have corroded reflectors? I've tried to search the forum but can't find out where to buy them. All help appreciated as always 👍.
Thanks, do they seem to be of good quality?
TF099 silver

SV-3

Quote from: BARNPOT2000 on July 26, 2021, 20:34
Quote from: SV-3 on July 26, 2021, 19:44
Thanks, do they seem to be of good quality?
Yes, they look ok - they were suggested by someone on the forum.
Delivery was prompt.
Sony WX-920BT
"Hardtop Cognoscenti"
"Stock Cubed"
"AirCon Aficionado"
"Keeper of the Beeper"

BARNPOT2000

OK! So I have purchased a pair of plastic replacement fog lights off ebay. They arrived fast and all good. I fitted them a couple of days ago. Well, they aren't bad but I did have to apply the dremel to get them to fit in the clips and one bulb was bust, but apart from that, all good. Also I read that the bumper needs to be removed to allow easy installation, I think that's a bit ott. Just removing a few clips/screws from the wheel arch plastic at the front and bend it back. Good access on both sides, sorted. 👍
Also the old original units are very well built being glass and alloy, despite being corroded. I think they can be refurbished, watch this space 🤔🍷
TF099 silver

SV-3

Quote from: BARNPOT2000 on August  1, 2021, 21:57OK! So I have purchased a pair of plastic replacement fog lights off ebay. They arrived fast and all good. I fitted them a couple of days ago. Well, they aren't bad but I did have to apply the dremel to get them to fit in the clips and one bulb was bust, but apart from that, all good. Also I read that the bumper needs to be removed to allow easy installation, I think that's a bit ott. Just removing a few clips/screws from the wheel arch plastic at the front and bend it back. Good access on both sides, sorted. 👍
Also the old original units are very well built being glass and alloy, despite being corroded. I think they can be refurbished, watch this space 🤔🍷
Did you make use of the 'adjuster'?
Sony WX-920BT
"Hardtop Cognoscenti"
"Stock Cubed"
"AirCon Aficionado"
"Keeper of the Beeper"

BARNPOT2000

Quote from: SV-3 on August  2, 2021, 08:40
Quote from: BARNPOT2000 on August  1, 2021, 21:57OK! So I have purchased a pair of plastic replacement fog lights off ebay. They arrived fast and all good. I fitted them a couple of days ago. Well, they aren't bad but I did have to apply the dremel to get them to fit in the clips and one bulb was bust, but apart from that, all good. Also I read that the bumper needs to be removed to allow easy installation, I think that's a bit ott. Just removing a few clips/screws from the wheel arch plastic at the front and bend it back. Good access on both sides, sorted. 👍
Did you make use of the 'adjuster'?
I haven't adjusted the lights accurately yet, I just screwed the adjusters to get them close to the originals and central in the cavities.
TF099 silver

BARNPOT2000

I decided to use the original bulbs as well as they seemed to be better quality 👍.
TF099 silver

BahnStormer

Sorry gents, not been around much of late... but for anybody else researching this, all you need is a pair of "Toyota Prius 2004-2009" fog lights... yours for <£20 incl postage.

In terms of bulbs, any HB4 (aka 9006) will do, but my personal preference is the Novsight LEDs, but they will render your fogs as "fog/highbeam only" usage as they are seriously bright and the fogs can't really be aimed down properly.... so no chance of having them on when there's any chance of oncoming traffic and you can't dip them on the stalk as per highbeams... that said, when the time is right to use them, they will really light up a country lane!!
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

Tags: