Started by J88TEO, August 11, 2021, 19:55

J88TEO

s12vea

The TTE exhaust is made by Remus and has slightly oval tips

Remus also made there own mr2 exhaust and it had round tips
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

The Other Stu

Yup. That looks like a TTE exhaust. Same as mine.
No Longer Here

bigfootisblurry

Without wanting to go OT this seems a good a place to ask as any; for those with a TTE exhaust, is it declared as a "mod" for insurance or not? I'm never quite sure what the situation is regarding factory options that have been retrofitted.I guess the question applies to all TTE stuff too.

onion86

Quote from: bigfootisblurry on August 12, 2021, 14:06Without wanting to go OT this seems a good a place to ask as any; for those with a TTE exhaust, is it declared as a "mod" for insurance or not? I'm never quite sure what the situation is regarding factory options that have been retrofitted.I guess the question applies to all TTE stuff too.
Yes, mine is. Even manufacturer factory extras are modifications from the base model (which the standard insurance is based on) and should be declared, irrelevant of whether it was fitted at the factory, or later.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

SV-3

Quote from: bigfootisblurry on August 12, 2021, 14:06Without wanting to go OT this seems a good a place to ask as any; for those with a TTE exhaust, is it declared as a "mod" for insurance or not? I'm never quite sure what the situation is regarding factory options that have been retrofitted.I guess the question applies to all TTE stuff too.
Yes, mine is.
'03 Mk3 Chilli Red (Avon ZV7's: 26F/32R)
Sony WX-920BT
"Hardtop Cognoscenti"
"Stock Cubed"
"AirCon Aficionado"
"Keeper of the Beeper"
Ex '88 Mk1b White (Yokohama A539's: 26F/28R)
"Here we all are, rumours and old toffee abound." John Martyn

Topdownman

If you declared that on say, money supermarket, when getting quotes, I doubt it would affect the premium however, if you do so partway through the policy I expect some would add a hefty extra premium and admin fee.

You should always declare everything as they will deny any claim you make if they can find an excuse such as undeclared modifications.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

The Other Stu

Quote from: onion86 on August 12, 2021, 14:09
Yes, mine is. Even manufacturer factory extras are modifications from the base model (which the standard insurance is based on) and should be declared, irrelevant of whether it was fitted at the factory, or later.
What if it was provided as standard? TFs have them.
Judging by that, 99% of standard insurers wouldn't touch a Toyota GB kit - they simply won't touch body kits, even though it was fitted as a factory option.
No Longer Here

ManInDandism

Quote from: The Other Stu on August 12, 2021, 14:42
Quote from: onion86 on August 12, 2021, 14:09
What if it was provided as standard? TFs have them.
Judging by that, 99% of standard insurers wouldn't touch a Toyota GB kit - they simply won't touch body kits, even though it was fitted as a factory option.

Ideally special editions should have their own sub category. So when insuring a TF, you would just have to say that it's one and don't then have to declare any changes from standard since these are already noted. This is what has been the position with other marques I've owned at least.

Outside of this, you do need to declare any changes from stock to be on the safe side.
Black 2004 Roadster
Previous: Black 1994 Mk2 Turbo

Ardent

I always wonder, how many buyers  of mr2s have mods and genuinely don't know.

Did it come with a matt brace?
How many might be driving around completely oblivious.

The Other Stu

Quote from: Ardent on August 12, 2021, 16:31I always wonder, how many buyers  of mr2s have mods and genuinely don't know.

Did it come with a matt brace?
How many might be driving around completely oblivious.
Absolutely this.
And what constitutes an insurable mod? I mean, would they decline your insurance if you had a Markiii pipe or metal heater dials? Or indeed a toyosport manifold.

I've been upfront with my insurer about as much as I felt necessary - I'm with greenlight who don't charge any more for anything that doesn't increase BHP (honest!). I could put a whale tale on and mahoosive wheels, as long as I tell them.

But realistically, I haven't started declaring things like Markiii pipes and heater dials.

I know that insurers often refuse to pay out based on things that aren't listed, but if you had a smash and wrote the car off and the found out you'd got a Toyota GB kit, they'd be hard pushed not to pay out (the insurance ombudsman would eat them for breakfast). If it was stolen on the other hand, you'd likely get a reduced payout because things like spoilers, kits and wheels are seen as "attractive and desirable" to thieves.
No Longer Here

Iain

Had half an eye on this exhaust. Just to double check, we happy it is a genuine tte?

ManInDandism

Quote from: Iain on August 12, 2021, 22:05Had half an eye on this exhaust. Just to double check, we happy it is a genuine tte?

Defo genuine as pictured however listing is not showing the additional mountimg bracket. Assuming you are replacing a stock exhaust, then this is required to support the right hand tailpipe.
Black 2004 Roadster
Previous: Black 1994 Mk2 Turbo

Joesson

Quote from: ManInDandism on August 12, 2021, 23:08
Quote from: Iain on August 12, 2021, 22:05Had half an eye on this exhaust. Just to double check, we happy it is a genuine tte?

Defo genuine as pictured however listing is not showing the additional mountimg bracket. Assuming you are replacing a stock exhaust, then this is required to support the right hand tailpipe.

A helpful observation, although hopefully not too difficult to fabricate something suitable.

steveash

Rather ironic that you have to tell your insurer about an exhaust that might add one or two horses but if you were to invest a fiver on eBay's finest set of worn mismatched ditch-finder retreads they don't need to know!

Tags: