A satisfying moment doing something yourself

Started by fawtytoo, September 30, 2021, 12:08

fawtytoo

I just put the lid back on ... by myself. Despite being about 25kg and almost as wide as my arm span, I did it! Although I have chipped a bit of paint off on the front passenger corner. Damn! It must of touched the ground at some point. It's not broken, so not a biggie.

3 of my colleagues have assisted in the past, but didn't understand the little hooks have to be positioned first before clamping. And even then, both sides at the same time. Not one then the other. One colleague told me to stop shouting at him, but he couldn't seem to follow simple instructions I gave him as we put it on. Never mind.

This is how she looks for the next 6 months to keep the harsher winter weather off my nice soft top. I have no garage nor car port. Combined with the fact the most local petrol stations near me have run out of fuel, there's no point in fuelling 2 cars.
"My name is not important" - Slartibartfast

puma2

Ardent

I have done it.

Different technique mind.
And risks a plenty.
Do able but not pleasant.
Certainly focuses the mind.

Microgerry

Quote from: Ardent on September 30, 2021, 12:45Certainly focuses the mind.

There is no way I could focus my mind to even attempt it. A braver man than me!

fawtytoo

That's what I always thought. Took me about 10 minutes and was surprised how easy it was. Just make sure you have a blanket draped over the back end of the car.

And when the rain stops, I need to adjust the side clamps 'cos I don't think they're doing much.
"My name is not important" - Slartibartfast

Ardent

Quote from: Microgerry on September 30, 2021, 21:38
Quote from: Ardent on September 30, 2021, 12:45Certainly focuses the mind.

There is no way I could focus my mind to even attempt it. A braver man than me!
One those thing, pays to be big n tall or very short.

Tags: