MONOCRAFT GT300 (Big pictures)

Started by Jap GT300, August 11, 2003, 12:55

Jap GT300

Okay here are the first pictures.  We had only just taken the car from the Bodyshop so it was still covered in Dirt and the back drivers side wheel still had the space saver.

I will post some better ones soon.  I have also made a seperate post for my SMT problems.

Whadda u think?

Slacey

Looks good Adam!
Can't wait to see it cleaned up, and that space-saver looks hilarious with a wide body kit!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Jap GT300

It looks like a completely different car now that its clean.  The car is going back in to have the fibre glass touched up in several places.

From certain angles it looks like the rear of the car is floating with that space saver.

Adam

Hope4Sun

Nice work mate, we must sort out meeting up, i've really got to see that kit in the flesh (so to speak)

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

Anonymous

SEXY    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

I don't mean to knock the obvious hard work you've put into the car, and it DOES look storming.

BUT...

What's up with the passenger side headlight? It looks like either the headlamp unit or <shudder> the chassis is squewed and twisted. And it also seems to be riding VERY high on it's suspension. Is that just temporary?

What's the history behind the car. I've seen some of your other photos when it was a bit... well... mashed  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Jap GT300

I'm Still waiting on two brackets that hold the top of both the lamps in place.  Some of the panels still need realigning as the fibre glass sets which will be done in a couple of weeks.

It does have standard suspension on it so the gap between the arches and wheels is 120mm and the gap from the kit to the ground is 170mm.

I have ordered the TTE springs to combat this problem

Anonymous

WOW!!! This is kinda a labor of love then is it? Seems to be going quite well!

Anonymous

Just occured to me that, given you're working on a GT300, you might like my current desktop wallpaper.

Enjoy

http://www.endersr3alm.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/andy/GT300_1280.jpg

MadMigMR2

looks great.

Can wait to see my mr2 like yours   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

do you allready have the tte springs?

what weels do you have?

i haven't choose my wheels yet.

I expect to have my car ready in mid september.
Toyota MR-S 2001 Monocraft GT300 (2ZZ-GE Swap started @ 2013-01-15 & it\'s not finished yet... Specs to be announced) + BC Racing Coilovers + TRD Replic strut bars kit(by Lampka Motorspor) + CHE Suspension Links)
Blog about my MR-S: http://www.miguelgoncalves.pt | http://www.youtube.com/MadMigMR2  | http://www.facebook.com/miguelgoncalves

Jap GT300

I've now got that wall paper to  s8) 8) s8)  

The car has Monocraft Works alloys 17".  I have got the TTE springs but they have not been put on yet.

Having now driven it about 300miles I can tell you that it is a bit of rattling from the fibre glass panels.  I hope this will be resolved with a front strut and anti flex plate.

The SMT has taken quite a bit of getting use to.  I keep mixing up my + & -

Adam

Jap GT300

Here are some better pictures!

dancarbon

Now those pictures do it justice, looks great  s:D :D s:D
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Comer

Very nice.  Damn I wish that could have been at JAE.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Slacey

Quote from: "Comer"Very nice.  Damn I wish that could have been at JAE.
Why, Adam's GT wasn't there!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Whats JAE and how do you get your car in it?

Anonymous

JAE has been and gone for this year! It a show a load of us attended last month - all jap cars in one place... great laugh. Im sure if your around on this board for a year you will hear about next years details. I think there are a few posts around with pics of the day here too.

Here is one of the posts:  m http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=579 m

Comer

Quote from: "Slacey"

Did I type something wrong  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Michael

Anonymous

Quote from: "Comer"
Quote from: "Slacey"

Did I type something wrong  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Nope, made perfect sense to me... after I'd read it twice  s:) :) s:)

Slacey

Doh!!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

That will teach me to read quickly!

Comer

Quote from: "Slacey"Doh!!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

That will teach me to read quickly!

You got me reading it three times because I thought it was wrong as well   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Michael

Anonymous

Are the front and rear light lenses/lamo covers  new adam?

Jap GT300

I had put the new 2003 headlamps and rear lenses to the car.  My 2' is actually a 2000 model.

I have actually changed the rear lenses back to 2000 spec as I prefer them on the car to the new ones.

Here are some more pictures of it looking clean

Anonymous

Why did you prefer the old lenses?

Also I was looking to change mine. What was involved in changing the front and rear lights? I thought the housing was different?

Tags: