airbag light

Started by Zxrob, October 20, 2021, 23:33

Zxrob

Guys and girls

Recently put a momo steering wheel on, used the supplied wires to make the airbag delete, all was working fine, no airbag light on, a few weeks back whilst driving, light came on, pulled over, switched the engine off and on again and the light went off, same happened again the weekend so I decided to investigate, perhaps the wires were shorting out, so pulled it all apart, seamed ok, put it back together and now the light is on permanently.

I ordered a new set of wires, tried them, still the same, I even put the original airbag centre back on, no change, I have an obd2 reader plugged in with torque pro, that is showing no error codes, so, question is, has the ecu sort of recognized the air bag is not there and stored it and how do I delete it, is some software available perhaps

Any advice

Cheers Rob
Adventure before dementia 😁

Alex Knight

Perhaps try a battery disconnect?

Petrus

I had an akin issue and it was simply that the resistance did not enter in the connector correctly.
The passenger side went aok but the driver side ....
First not deep enough and then í did it wrong.
Now I have it deep enough in the correct hole and is kept in place with tape.

Zxrob

Ok, now hopefully sorted

It appears the wires must have earthed out and told the ecu the airbag had gone off, my mate has an all singing and dancing reader and was able to reset it :)

Rob
Adventure before dementia 😁

Tags: