Carbon Fibre Hardtops, and even Doors are offered for Sale

Started by Gibla, November 3, 2021, 12:37

Gibla

A big announcement by Tomasz Smyk on UK MR2 Roadster Owners FB page that may interest those on here who don't belong to that group

Weight savings :- Roof ~20kg
Doors ~35kg

Not cheap, but for this sort of tech you wouldn't expect it to be
stock 2001 Dark Green MR-S (6R4)
stock 2004 Black - repurchased from guy who bought yellow 'un

Gibla

I promise I am not his agent :-), but include this jico. folks not on Facebook

''🔥Carbon fibre hardtops🔥
- 5,7kg of weight
- all seals (door seals from soft tops but on request I can fit brand new seals and trims dedicated for HT)
- all threads and mounting points as in oem one
- stiffening frame with metal insert
- no rear screen as that looks amazing (anyway you don't see anythink behind you with your big wing and more important is road on front of you😉) but if you bring your lexan screen I can fit it- could be in oem shape or any other rectangle one or simply instal rear camera and mirror with screen and still keep space for your stickers
- avalible with oem latches and/or custom brakets (you can still use seat belts and soft top)
- no headlining but easly can fit it for you if you chose fabric/colour
- made from a few layers of carbon fibre each across fibres in previous layer for better durability
- tested up to 260km/h (162mph) without any issues
Avalible two options:
1. Hardtop with all seals ready to fit on your car as is with custom brakets  £2150 (3 avalible)
2. Hardtop with all seals, oem latches (+1,4kg) ready to fit on your car if you already have oem fitting kit + my brakets as spare set £2250 (2 avalible)
- headlining fitting £100 + cost of material
- screen fitting £100 + your screen
Options above avalible only after payment of  £1000 non refundable deposit!''

more was included in his advert
stock 2001 Dark Green MR-S (6R4)
stock 2004 Black - repurchased from guy who bought yellow 'un

StuC

When the OE hard tops run out, this is where people could end up.

I am surprised that others haven't tried to recreate the OE hardtop before. There seems to be quite a big market for them.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

s12vea

The carbon HT looks the real deal, expensive but I'm sure there is a market for them
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

Tags: