3 Different Cars + Trying to Go down Different Avenues

Started by Gibla, November 13, 2021, 12:02

Gibla

'Superblue' - the Supercharged conversion that Carolyn sold to me getting on for 12 months ago now has had a series of refreshes/upgrades in recent months.

Brake Caliper refurb, New Discs + Porterfield Pads (F+R) braided hoses :- I accept that a standard '2' doesn't require any upgrades but felt that the ~190bhp on offer justified it

Fairly newish 2nd hand Mohair Roof > makes the car much quieter + it just looks lush

When funds allow I will look at a suspension refresh eg lca Koni shocks + H+R/Eibach springs

Sable

Just had lca done + a smaller steering wheel ...  this has transformed a 45k car.
The soft-top on this car is sh*t , so after watching the soft-top replacement yesterday on another car I am thinking of simply removing the soft-top from this car completely + only use a hardtop. Along with removing the spare wheel + using a LiPo battery I am hoping that the roof removal will save me ~ 50kg

Black

Just about to have lca + Kyb (shocks + springs) refresh **update** collected on the 17th, what a transformation on what seemed like decent suspension beforehand on an 86k car .....highly recommended, but not cheap including a 4 wheel geometry check + adjustment .....maybe £1k overall

It will hopefully be an interesting exercise to see how they all perform differently, especially as *some* have the front upper strut brace + Devs 'bar of soap' door inserts

stock 2001 Dark Green MR-S (6R4)
stock 2004 Black - repurchased from guy who bought yellow 'un

Chilli Girl

Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Gibla

Are you not back on the road yet Jane?

'Borrowing rates' hmmm let me see :-)

Chilli Girl

Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Joesson

@Gibla mentioned "lca" thrice but I have not an igloo about that which he writes. Maybe he could kindly enlighten me? please!

Call the midlife!

Quote from: Joesson on November 13, 2021, 13:49@Gibla mentioned "lca" thrice but I have not an igloo about that which he writes. Maybe he could kindly enlighten me? please!
I'm assuming "lower control arms".
60% of the time it works everytime...

Gibla

Sorry @Joesson,a pet hate of mine is folks who use unfamiliar abbreviations:- guilty as charged here m'lord :-(

lca = lower control arm

Joesson

Joesson

Surprised  that lca (lower control arms)  😉 in isolation made a noticeable difference!
Were the Koni's inserts?
Looking forward to your reports / comparison of Koni v KYB.

Gibla

Quote from: Joesson on November 13, 2021, 14:08Surprised  that lca (lower control arms)  😉 in isolation made a noticeable difference!
Were the Koni's inserts?
Looking forward to your reports / comparison of Koni v KYB.

Maybe a mix of lca and fitment of a much smaller steering wheel (a 330mm compared to standard OEM)

Kym v Koni (along with different springs on both btw)

TheTigerUK

Quote from: Gibla on November 13, 2021, 12:02'

Brake Caliper refurb,

I have a feeling I would like a caliper refurb, I love great breaks.
Say it with love, say it with flowers but never, never, say it in writing.

The idea is to die young as late as possible :)

Gibla

Quote from: TheTigerUK on November 14, 2021, 19:10

Brake Caliper refurb,

Painted orange as well :-)
Yes indeed there is nothing that inspires as much confidence in any car as a good braking system

TheTigerUK

Quote from: Gibla on November 14, 2021, 19:18
Quote from: TheTigerUK on November 14, 2021, 19:10

Brake Caliper refurb,

Painted orange as well :-)
Yes indeed there is nothing that inspires as much confidence in any car as a good braking system

Red for me :)
Say it with love, say it with flowers but never, never, say it in writing.

The idea is to die young as late as possible :)

Joesson

@Gibla said:

There was a time when confidence in any car was inspired by it starting first time every time, stopping was the secondary thing!

Tags: