Who put that bloody kerb there!

Started by Mr2Car, November 14, 2021, 20:47

Mr2Car

Hi I have been a complete idiot!! Went up a side street thinking I could join a main road but low and behold there was and 8 inch kerb at the end of it, which I never saw. Drove over the edge with a rather loud scraping noise then managed to reverse her back up the kerb to reverse back down the same road!

Question will I have damaged the underside of my 2001 Roadster? Never went any further back than the front wheels, stopped as soon as she dropped!

Hoping I haven't done any lasting damage. Will put her into a garage to get her checked over and tracking done hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks in advance. 

Joesson

Quote from: Mr2Car on November 14, 2021, 20:47Hi I have been a complete idiot!! Went up a side street thinking I could join a main road but low and behold there was and 8 inch kerb at the end of it, which I never saw. Drove over the edge with a rather loud scraping noise then managed to reverse her back up the kerb to reverse back down the same road!

Question will I have damaged the underside of my 2001 Roadster? Never went any further back than the front wheels, stopped as soon as she dropped!

Hoping I haven't done any lasting damage. Will put her into a garage to get her checked over and tracking done hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks in advance. 

I guess you drove the car home OK and so that could be a good sign. Getting it checked over is a good next move.

jonbill

I'd have a good look at both front tyres - every chance it could a hernia/bulge.

Joesson

Quote from: Joesson on November 14, 2021, 21:36
Quote from: Mr2Car on November 14, 2021, 20:47Hi I have been a complete idiot!! Went up a side street thinking I could join a main road but low and behold there was and 8 inch kerb at the end of it, which I never saw. Drove over the edge with a rather loud scraping noise then managed to reverse her back up the kerb to reverse back down the same road!

Thanks in advance. 

I guess you drove the car home OK and so that could be a good sign. Getting it checked over is a good next move.

PS
Let us know how you get on.

Mr2Car

Thanks, I will have a good look at the tyres in the morning and let you know how I get on at the garage. 👍🏻

McMr2

Best to get under it and have a look for any witness marks, might have been lucky (if that's the correct word?) and landed on the sills.

Other concern would be coolant pipes which run under the length of the car. They are recessed but worth keeping an eye out for any coolant leaks.
2004 Silver. Stock(ish).

Mr2Car

Hi no lasting damage thank goodness!

Joesson

Quote from: Mr2Car on November 17, 2021, 17:16Hi no lasting damage thank goodness!

That's good news then.
Not so good is that because you are "relocating from Scotland to the Staffordshire area" you are thinking of selling!
Please be aware that our cars work perfectly well in the balmy South.

Mr2Car

Quote from: Joesson on November 17, 2021, 18:06
Quote from: Mr2Car on November 17, 2021, 17:16Hi no lasting damage thank goodness!

That's good news then.
Not so good is that because you are "relocating from Scotland to the Staffordshire area" you are thinking of selling!
Please be aware that our cars work perfectly well in the balmy South.

I would love to keep her but not that practical as an everyday car which she would potentially become. 😢

Tags: