Front suspension gators

Started by Smithy, November 23, 2021, 15:32

Smithy

Hi all.
I bought these from AutoDoc before stripping down my front shocks, only to realise they are completely different to OEM. Can they still be used? is that an integrated bump stop?
They were advertised to be for a Mk3 MR2.
Picture shows new front (right)and old rear (left) 
03 Astral black MR2 OEM+

Gaz mr-s

Should be fine...check outer diameter is similar to existing. I think I have a pair of those too.

BARNPOT2000

Quote from: Smithy on November 23, 2021, 15:32Hi all.
I bought these from AutoDoc before stripping down my front shocks, only to realise they are completely different to OEM. Can they still be used? is that an integrated bump stop?
Hi, did you get the Ridex or Stark ones please? Also have you found out if that is an integral bump stop or just the rubber boot? The shorter length might indicate tat a bump stop is needed in addition, maybe?
TF099 silver

Smithy

Quote from: BARNPOT2000 on November 25, 2021, 13:14
Hi, did you get the Ridex or Stark ones please? Also have you found out if that is an integral bump stop or just the rubber boot? The shorter length might indicate tat a bump stop is needed in addition, maybe?
They were the Ridex but the Stark ones look identical. I haven't found out yet. I will start to build the front suspension this weekend so I will try and work out what I need in addition to these.
03 Astral black MR2 OEM+

BARNPOT2000

Quote from: Smithy on November 26, 2021, 17:07
Quote from: BARNPOT2000 on November 25, 2021, 13:14
They were the Ridex but the Stark ones look identical. I haven't found out yet. I will start to build the front suspension this weekend so I will try and work out what I need in addition to these.
Thanks, only asking as I am also going to be refreshing the suspension... if I can make room in my shed 😂
TF099 silver

Tags: