So where was your 2 first registered?

Started by Chilli Girl, December 4, 2021, 23:43

Chilli Girl

Yeh, ok I'm bored and as @Ardent said, I do have OCD it seems - but thought it would be "fun" for all of us to see where all our little 2's were first registered in the UK.  I'll kick off albeit not my present 2's sadly:-

WG 2002 Chilli - Exeter
HJ 2005 Foxy - Bournemouth
W  2000 Sapphire - somewhere in Japan!

Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Dev

Not in the UK. New Jersey. 
 I like to think I rescued the car.

Ardent

Seems mine started life in Reading.

Useful link here to find out.
https://www.car.co.uk/media/guides/number-plates/uk-number-plate-area-codes

Mollydog

FD for mine so must be around Nottingham

fawtytoo

YN - Specifically Chesterfield according to my paperwork.
"My name is not important" - Slartibartfast

puma2

:) for those who remember  my black 2 it was from Derby they did not advertise in the advert but i went to see it it was the parts Manager of the local MR T. he would not come down on price. so i ask for a fresh  MOT and oil service plus for me to have 1 litre  of the same oil he agreed. that bill came to £37.

my yellow 2 started live in the Swindon area i believe. the story of the low mileage  was it brought by a Doctor for is wife who did not like it Much and 1 year it did only 500 miles.
he sold it back to the mail dealer and what was brought GIF who was member here. when i then joined the club he was the the 1st person i meet up in the flesh. some time after i crash my 2 on my way to a weekend mr2roc event camping up north. it was a right off. when i had the insurance pay out i was looking for everting but a 2.
then i another member of the club made contact with me to say that GIF had done a deal on BMWW Z4 and was going to part ex his 2 unless some 1 could buy is 2 quick. we made contact and the deal was done.

i picked up my Yellow 2 with just below 18k it now has 42k and had since 2013 i think.
I did crash my black 2 on Friday the 13th.   

so there we go a bit long for this thread but i wanted to say it .

105e

Gy which a look online tells me Brighton,

TheTigerUK

Say it with love, say it with flowers but never, never, say it in writing.

The idea is to die young as late as possible :)

The Other Stu

Quote from: 105e on December  5, 2021, 10:21Gy which a look online tells me Brighton,
Mine was also GY (now has private plate) so Brighton. Then to Essex, then to me.

My old one had a more interesting journey. Started life in Preston (PN). Then moved to South Wales where it spent a good deal of time, before being taken to Surrey and written off. Bought back and fixed, it then served the same owner for a few more years before being moved on to someone in Norfolk who owned the car for 5 minutes before I bought it off him (he couldn't get his son insured on it, because it had the Toyota GB body kit)
No Longer Here

paulj

Mine is an "NO" from when the letters were at the right hand end, an X plate.  That puts it in Essex.
Today
2000 x reg pfl - blue - as original no mods
In the late 1980's
1982 x reg Toyota Corolla Liftback Coupe (also blue)
1978 s reg Mitsubishi Celeste Coupe (yellow)

carolineasb

Unfortunately, you can't go by your registration unless you know your car has never changed registration
2006 (56) Blue TF300 (Newbie)<br />2001 (Y)  Silver (Oldie)
2004 (04) Black (The Inbetweenie)

steveash

MisterK

The Mr T I bought the car from new was Inchcape Toyota in Burton Upon Trent.  They registered the car for me & it has an FD registration which I think is Nottingham.
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

MisterK

Quote from: puma2 on December  5, 2021, 10:05:) for those who remember  my black 2 it was from Derby they did not advertise in the advert but i went to see it it was the parts Manager of the local MR T. he would not come down on price. so i ask for a fresh  MOT and oil service plus for me to have 1 litre  of the same oil he agreed. that bill came to £37.

my yellow 2 started live in the Swindon area i believe. the story of the low mileage  was it brought by a Doctor for is wife who did not like it Much and 1 year it did only 500 miles.
he sold it back to the mail dealer and what was brought GIF who was member here. when i then joined the club he was the the 1st person i meet up in the flesh. some time after i crash my 2 on my way to a weekend mr2roc event camping up north. it was a right off. when i had the insurance pay out i was looking for everting but a 2.
then i another member of the club made contact with me to say that GIF had done a deal on BMWW Z4 and was going to part ex his 2 unless some 1 could buy is 2 quick. we made contact and the deal was done.

i picked up my Yellow 2 with just below 18k it now has 42k and had since 2013 i think.

I bought my hardtop off GIF as he had decided to sell the car.  The car was yellow but with a black hardtop.  This worked out well for both of us Paul, as I've got a black car with a black hardtop & you've managed to source yourself a yellow hardtop for your yellow car.  A yellow hardtop on a black car is not really the look I'd want...the other way round looks great....

I remember waiting for you to turn up at our meet in Pickering, only to discover you'd had your accident just a few miles away.  Luckily you were OK and only the car was bent. I think you ended up with a better car as a result too...
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

fawtytoo

Quote from: carolineasb on December  5, 2021, 18:49Unfortunately, you can't go by your registration unless you know your car has never changed registration
I've done an HPI check on mine, and it's had 2 number plate changes by 2 previous owners. But each owner put the original plate back on.

Also, the ID on the plate matches my paperwork, e.g. service book.
"My name is not important" - Slartibartfast

The Other Stu

Quote from: carolineasb on December  5, 2021, 18:49Unfortunately, you can't go by your registration unless you know your car has never changed registration
I've got 2 private plates, one of which I've had over 20 years and has been on numerous cars.
When I've put it back on retention, I've always been given the original back. I'm told that the only time this would not be the case is if the DVLA had given the original number plate to someone else. It's highly unusual and would only be done so if someone was prepared to pay for that privilege.

Plus of course I have all the paperwork for both cars, which almost always quotes the number plate.  ;D
No Longer Here

TheTigerUK

[/quote]
I've got 2 private plates, one of which I've had over 20 years and has been on numerous cars.
When I've put it back on retention, I've always been given the original back. I'm told that the only time this would not be the case is if the DVLA had given the original number plate to someone else. It's highly unusual and would only be done so if someone was prepared to pay for that privilege.

Plus of course I have all the paperwork for both cars, which almost always quotes the number plate.  ;D
[/quote]

I'm toying with a private plate for mine, I have one on my daily so I fancy one for the 2.
Say it with love, say it with flowers but never, never, say it in writing.

The idea is to die young as late as possible :)

puma2

Quote from: MisterK on December  6, 2021, 00:10
Quote from: puma2 on December  5, 2021, 10:05:) for those who remember  my black 2 it was from Derby they did not advertise in the advert but i went to see it it was the parts Manager of the local MR T. he would not come down on price. so i ask for a fresh  MOT and oil service plus for me to have 1 litre  of the same oil he agreed. that bill came to £37.

I bought my hardtop off GIF as he had decided to sell the car.  The car was yellow but with a black hardtop.  This worked out well for both of us Paul, as I've got a black car with a black hardtop & you've managed to source yourself a yellow hardtop for your yellow car.  A yellow hardtop on a black car is not really the look I'd want...the other way round looks great....

I remember waiting for you to turn up at our meet in Pickering, only to discover you'd had your accident just a few miles away.  Luckily you were OK and only the car was bent. I think you ended up with a better car as a result too...

I can recall that you got the black hard top of Gif i did get  a hardtop in Newport were Gif lived but from another person in black and i have still not used it since.

Pickering that rings a bell and i think you phoned me the next day to see why i was not there.
still to this day i thankyou for that

adamgav1

Mine appears to have originated from Bristol! (AE)

Mollydog

as has been mentioned, if you place private reg on a pre registered car when you go to take off the private plate DVLA will hand back the original plate

I know someone who bought a Lotus that was first registered in the early 60's, this car eventually was exported over to the  EU

After a number of years the car was bought by someone in the UK, who had documentation of the cars original registration, and DVLA handed over the original reg

Topdownman

Mine comes up as "Deeside to Shrewsbury".
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

moredun

Brighton, I think that is somewhere down in England   :o
Winner of the Numb bum award 2019

Joesson

Region - Hampshire and Dorset, DVLA office- Bournemouth (HD)

Could be an older cousin of Foxy one of @Chilli Girl 's dalliances.

Not That Matt

There are a lot on GV/GY plates which I think are Toyota UK registered cars as they are in Surrey. Mine is from Jemca in London (LS Plate), and still had all original plates and dealer sticker when I bought it.

carolineasb

Our TF300 starts GP and first registered near Bristol. We were in a Toyota main dealer looking at other cars and a salesman spotted it and said "Oh a Toyota UK car!" Just by looking at the registration plate. He was an "older" salesman and would have been around when 2s were new and seemed to think it was originally actually owned by Toyota. I always thought it had been someone's Christmas present as it was registered just before Christmas 2006.
2006 (56) Blue TF300 (Newbie)<br />2001 (Y)  Silver (Oldie)
2004 (04) Black (The Inbetweenie)

Tags: