Must Know!!

Started by fg, May 14, 2005, 19:34

Tem

Quote from: "cfcdicko7"wish someone told me that. I learned the hard way

Even if you knew it, do you think you would've done it? There's not really much time to think, you just do what feels natural -> I think seat time is the only way to learn  s:? :? s:?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Liz

Welcome along,  I get alot of attention from little boys shouting nice car at me, I don't have problems with women paying me undue attention...if they do look they soon look away when they see a girlie driving it!

Not long now - just take it careful if you have not owned a RWD before, especially in the wet. We don't want you beating cfcdicko7's record of 6 hours!!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

i was trying to forget about that Liz   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

get enough stick at work and from ma dad

Anonymous

You think 6 hours is bad, i waited 6 months for my first car- an old volvo 340, until i could afford it, i was shaking with anticipation for a week before i got it, and then had it for about 5 hours,- skidding down the road sideways on 2.5 inches of hale stone- into a tree. i was lucky to live, let alone climb out and walk away almost unharmed. Ive never been the same since.

but as everyone says- take it very easy for a while, its easy to be very confident in a car that can corner so well, but learn the car before you start pushing it. - i drive like a granny in the wet..

Anonymous

Yes The Record is Broken

I can sleep at nights now    s:D :D s:D

Liz

Yeah, but that was in a Volvo - you have the MR2 record!!!  s:D :D s:D
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Expect normal cars too be appear a lot taller. Expect a lot more spray from other cars when it's raining...really on the Motorway, I can't follow another car at all when it's raining.  Expect comments from kids and adults alike.  Expect too get stared at a lot, the best if catching people pretending not too look   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    Expect  too frighten yourself at least once during your first week.  Expect too frighten your passengers   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

And expect to enjoy your 2 so much it hurts!

proeliator2001

Doony, not sure why but I ended up reading your post with the tune to Sunscreen in my head   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    Speaking of which, if you have a forehead like mine fg, if I can only offer you one piece of advice - wear sunscreen   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Official - old git alert. 42 years old!
Facts  are meaningless - they can be used to prove anything.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

aaronjb

Quote from: "proeliator2001"Speaking of which, if you have a forehead like mine fg, if I can only offer you one piece of advice - wear sunscreen   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  a) great advice - I have that problem too (see avatar  s;) ;) s;) ) - actually I have to wear a hat, otherwise I look like a well-done lobster..

and b) class song, assuming you mean the Baz Luhrmann one, "Everybody's free (to wear sunscreen)".. Love that song (if you can call it a song  s;) ;) s;) )
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

proeliator2001

That was indeed the song I was thinking of.

Luckily I still have a bit of hair left on the head though its rapidly waving me goodbye.  Liberal bit of suncream round the front does me   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    I livd abroad where it was very sunny most of the year and learnt, the painful way (serveral times in fact before the lesson stuck   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  ) that it is not big or clever to go out without suncream.

Back on topic, thought of something else you'll need to do to the '2 - fit a tardis like mechanism into the lockers -not to pull cockney birds with or ponce around the galaxy without any plan of escape, no, you'll need it to fit anything of a decent size into the damn thing!
Official - old git alert. 42 years old!
Facts  are meaningless - they can be used to prove anything.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

fg

To kill two points with one stone then

I have found the smallest bottle of sunscreen to fit into the 2`s measly storage.

On a related note :- Storage is what my girlfriends car is for. If its anything like her handbag(s) I will be able to transport the whole cast of Doctor Who!!
Ex Astral Black, 05 MR2 (Ah, open top motoring)
Ex Velocity Red, 06 RX-8 (expensive sports car)
Ex Sapphire Black, 08 Corsa Sri(cheap fastish motoring!)
Ex Grey, 10 Mazda 3 ts2 (yawn family motoring)
Silver, 12 Mercedes C-Class (more family motoring, but cheaper with a diesel)

Anonymous

Quote from: "proeliator2001"Doony, not sure why but I ended up reading your post with the tune to Sunscreen in my head   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    Speaking of which, if you have a forehead like mine fg, if I can only offer you one piece of advice - wear sunscreen   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   I was thinking more of this awful William Shatner song I heard on telly the other day, hehe

fg

By some quirk of fate, I have persuaded the dealer to let me pick the car up tomorrow!

So, 1 day to go..........

Thanks for your suggestions and tips. I'll let you know how it goes, when I have finished driving it (trip to Scotland anyone?)
Ex Astral Black, 05 MR2 (Ah, open top motoring)
Ex Velocity Red, 06 RX-8 (expensive sports car)
Ex Sapphire Black, 08 Corsa Sri(cheap fastish motoring!)
Ex Grey, 10 Mazda 3 ts2 (yawn family motoring)
Silver, 12 Mercedes C-Class (more family motoring, but cheaper with a diesel)

Anonymous

Good luck. I hope the weather gets better for you!

Anonymous

I'd suggest driving in the snow....bear with me. Won't be any chance til winter but still....

When there is an inch or two on the ground the main roads are generally clear allowing you to drive (slowly) to a LARGE deserted car park. The lack of grip in a snow covered car park will let you slide the car at low speeds to get used to the idea without much risk or wrecking your tyres etc. Hopefully it will help you avoid the sicking feeling when it all goes wrong on the road.

I say large because I also tried a tighter one and crashed very serenely into a flower bed   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  Only a very minor dint for my trouble (caused by a particularly sturdy bush) but it would have been very awkward had I not managed to get the car unstuck from its resting place!

Tem

Just remember that everything happens in slow motion on snow. If you learn to catch a loose rear on snow, you have already done 720 degrees on dry before you react to it  s;) ;) s;)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: