Never noticed until now!

Started by Chilli Girl, January 24, 2022, 12:43

Chilli Girl

Well, I was looking underneath Sapphire's seats at the weekend as I'd lost my car keys to the other car and thought maybe they'd slipped down underneath somehow.  I knew Sapphire's seats were not the original as my door cards are material and the seats are leather unless it's different being a MR-S.  Anyway, found some connector leads connected to the bottom of the seats and also noticed the element on the rear backs of them so they must've been heated seats at some point in another car.  My question is - is it possible to wire them in somewhere so they can work again or is it a bad idea as it's only another drain for the poor old battery?  I've just been spoilt after having Foxy I suppose.
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Call the midlife!

I think what you're describing as the heater element in the seat back is just the springs in the seat, I don't believe you should be able to see the heater element from outside.
60% of the time it works everytime...

Chilli Girl

???? But I posted in General - is it me or have you been on the drink already? :o
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Call the midlife!

Quote from: Chilli Girl on January 24, 2022, 12:50???? But I posted in General - is it me or have you been on the drink already? :o
No, it's me and my new specs, as you were...🤓
60% of the time it works everytime...

Joesson

Chilli Girl

No! Jolly annoying as I have no idea where I've put them to the "other 2".   :'(

Joesson

Quote from: Chilli Girl on January 24, 2022, 14:22No! Jolly annoying as I have no idea where I've put them to the "other 2".   :'(

In the olden day's I managed to lock myself out of my Beetle, with the engine running and my Maxi while In Derbyshire, I then lived in Staffordshire!
On both occasions I knew exactly where the key was, in the ignition!
In that era the door could be locked without the key if you held the handle slightly ajar, don't know if that is still possible as twice bitten.
Hopefully your car is on your driveway and you have a spare. You will have looked under the seats of your Mazda and in those inaccessible gaps around the seats, in the boot and in your jackets, they will be in the last place you look!

Tags: