Half Car Covers.

Started by tricky1138, February 23, 2022, 12:42

tricky1138

Had a search but cant find the link. Was it @TheTigerUK that had a Half Car Cover for his new 2?

My car is going to be sitting outside for a while, and as I have a split in my drain bags I dont want to be clearing out a swimming pool every week.

I was just checking that the half cover, covered over that area so water wouldnt go down the drains. Otherwise it will be a full cover and hope it doesnt damage the paintwork!  :(
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

TheTigerUK

Say it with love, say it with flowers but never, never, say it in writing.

The idea is to die young as late as possible :)

tricky1138

Quote from: TheTigerUK on February 23, 2022, 16:55This is the one I bought, I only used it when snow was expected.

https://www.everycarcovered.com/search?q=Toyota+MR2+Mk3+1999+-+2007+Half+Size+Car+Cover+

Many thanks for that. Can you remember if it covered the drain area at the sides? (IE would water get down the sides if it rained? )
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

Joesson

Quote from: tricky1138 on February 23, 2022, 17:00Many thanks for that. Can you remember if it covered the drain area at the sides? (IE would water get down the sides if it rained? )

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stormforce-Waterproof-Car-Cover-for-Toyota-MR2-MK-3-/260840634847

This is the FULLcover that I believe @stewart@boro used to good effect

TheTigerUK

I have just put it on  as snow is forecast for tomorrow, storms, sun, rain, snow, global warming ?

Covers the drain area totally.

Quote from: tricky1138 on February 23, 2022, 17:00Many thanks for that. Can you remember if it covered the drain area at the sides? (IE would water get down the sides if it rained? )
Say it with love, say it with flowers but never, never, say it in writing.

The idea is to die young as late as possible :)

tricky1138

Fantastic. Thanks both of you for options.

Thankfully one of my mates has said I can store it for a few weeks in his barn so hopefully not needed now. But if I don't get this garage emptied before he needs the space back I'll look at getting one of them.

stewart@boro

The half cover I used on the 2 was from Halfrauds and did stop water getting in to the drains. I used it to stop tree debris getting in but still had to clear the drains every year due to tree blossom and seeds.
Go a tailored fit one for the Abarth for the same reason.
TF 160 TTE exhaust and style bar and other shiny bits.
Replaced by an Abarth 124 Spider

tricky1138

Cheers Stew.

It's now safely tucked up at my mates barn between a Impreza and a Defender. I know which vehicle I would take first!

Tags: