Falling out of the seat

Started by carlanthony663, March 22, 2022, 09:30

carlanthony663

Hi guys, hope this is the right section for this. Did my first trackday at weekend and now working through a list of bits that need doing to the car. Currently working through tyre options, settled on AD08RS all round.

Biggest issue is my standard leather seats, I wasn't expecting much from them but I was finding myself using my right leg on the door card to try and maintain myself in the seat, not ideal! Would a full bucket option be the only way forwards to resolve this or are there established cheaper alternatives? Rails from Rogue and a new seat from Demon on top of new tyres make the cheap track hack not quite as cheap as it was. Isn't that always the way?

shnazzle

Quote from: carlanthony663 on March 22, 2022, 09:30Hi guys, hope this is the right section for this. Did my first trackday at weekend and now working through a list of bits that need doing to the car. Currently working through tyre options, settled on AD08RS all round.

Biggest issue is my standard leather seats, I wasn't expecting much from them but I was finding myself using my right leg on the door card to try and maintain myself in the seat, not ideal! Would a full bucket option be the only way forwards to resolve this or are there established cheaper alternatives? Rails from Rogue and a new seat from Demon on top of new tyres make the cheap track hack not quite as cheap as it was. Isn't that always the way?
Sell "down" for a set of pre-facelift cloth seats.
Obviously buckets would be best but 10x the price.
You'd make money selling yours and getting pre-fl cloth.

If you can find one; CGLock
...neutiquam erro.

carlanthony663

Hi mate, thanks for that. I have seen the cloth ones around online, you think they would make a difference?

Topdownman

Having just bought a FL with cloth seats, I would say they grip better than my FL leather seats. You sink in a bit more and there is a mesh on top of the centre which grips much better than the slippy leather. I think it would be lighter too!

If you could get a CG lock, (not easy to find now) that would lock the bottom of the belt on your hips and also help to keep you in place.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

carlanthony663

Quote from: Topdownman on March 22, 2022, 10:34Having just bought a FL with cloth seats, I would say they grip better than my FL leather seats. You sink in a bit more and there is a mesh on top of the centre which grips much better than the slippy leather. I think it would be lighter too!

If you could get a CG lock, (not easy to find now) that would lock the bottom of the belt on your hips and also help to keep you in place.

This CG lock sounds amazing. Have you got any pics of one by any chance so I can do a bit of a search?

Just found some fabric seats in goon nick near me, collecting them saturday. The leg bolsters definitely look to be deeper than mine. This could work well potentially.

Thanks for your help guys,

PS, anyone want a pair of good nick leather seats? Haha

Topdownman

Quick work!

Make sure you get the right type as I believe they changed the product completely after this version, no doubt hoping to sell more but the later ones do something different (cant remember what though).
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

carlanthony663

Cheers for that, struggling to find one anywhere. The replacement is this: https://shoft.co.uk/buy-now/

Not entirely convinced the replacement will be a patch on the original.

shnazzle

Quote from: carlanthony663 on March 22, 2022, 12:29Cheers for that, struggling to find one anywhere. The replacement is this: https://shoft.co.uk/buy-now/

Not entirely convinced the replacement will be a patch on the original.
Unfortunately reviews are a bit lukewarm. It's a shame as it was such a great product.
We've got one that I may be able to part with. I'll check
...neutiquam erro.

carlanthony663

Quote from: shnazzle on March 22, 2022, 12:35Unfortunately reviews are a bit lukewarm. It's a shame as it was such a great product.
We've got one that I may be able to part with. I'll check

If you do, I will definitely take it mate. 👍

Petrus

I forked out for two hard shells. World of difference. No need to brace myself, hold on or what.
Additionally they are wáy less bulky.
Very much worth it imo.

J88TEO

I forked out for two hard shells.

Not sure my bony arse can take the punishment!

Petrus

Quote from: J88TEO on March 22, 2022, 15:35I forked out for two hard shells.

Not sure my bony arse can take the punishment!

Mine have only rudimentary 5 mm thick foam strip and I find them better than OEM even for day long drives. There is a deep rooted confusion about soft being comfortable: It is not. Evenly distributed contact is what reduces pressure. ´Hard´ (as in minimal padding) well fitting is the crux.
I did a LÓT of measurements with horse saddles (for the hórse) and regardless of the proof only a negligible % of riders got it.

carlanthony663

Quote from: Petrus on March 22, 2022, 15:48Mine have only rudimentary 5 mm thick foam strip and I find them better than OEM even for day long drives. There is a deep rooted confusion about soft being comfortable: It is not. Evenly distributed contact is what reduces pressure. ´Hard´ (as in minimal padding) well fitting is the crux.
I did a LÓT of measurements with horse saddles (for the hórse) and regardless of the proof only a negligible % of riders got it.

This is definitely a thing, the points shown with bike saddles, the big soft ones are agony after a few miles. Narrow and firm puts the load in the right places and stays comfier longer.

Petrus

The difference illustrated

carlanthony663

Picked up the standard cloth seats today, hopefully get them fitted tomorrow all being well. They seem significantly deeper with very high bolsters compared to the leathers. These may well be a great solution at least for the mean time. Cheers chaps.

carlanthony663

New seats are in, can definitely feel an improvement on the road, next track day is the 10th of April so will know for sure by then.

Topdownman

Quote from: carlanthony663 on March 29, 2022, 11:28New seats are in, can definitely feel an improvement on the road, next track day is the 10th of April so will know for sure by then.

Glad you are happy with them!
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

shnazzle

Another win for the forum :) Imagine how much you would have spent on a bucket seat :) 
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: