My MR2's

Started by Gibla, March 29, 2022, 17:39

Joesson

Quote from: Gibla on March 22, 2023, 12:12Inexplicably all 3 currently 'off the road' , mostly trivial things other bits a wee bit more serious

Black :- simply a flat lithium battery, but sadly found the mobile lithium ion battery booster kaput ....new one ordered

Dark Green 6R4 :- flat lithium ion battery - caused by a missing alternator belt tensioner pulley (fell off somewhere) ..awaiting parts

Light Green :- running on 3 cylinders following a new Zero exhaust install, systematically going thru plugs,coil packs, injectors, o2 + Maf sensors to get this sorted!. What's the new exhaust like? ....it looks nice!

The odds of all 3 being off the road from last Friday am would have been astronomical ....but here we are  :'(

It has been said that bad things come in three's.
Mathematically speaking three twos are six, but in your case three twos are sick!

SuperArt

What are the chances.
They'll be running in no time I'm sure.
Best regards,
Arthur
Essex - "Always happy to meet up for a weekend drive"
Making demented squirrel noises since 2014
TTE "Turbo Dodo" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?msg=797148
TTE Turbo "Friday" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=73711.0

Gibla

Black running :- simply a flat battery + a duff lithium ion power pack that refused to charge

Dark Green :- alternator tensioner bracket reinstalled with a few additional parts, but discovered a weeping shock absorber ...ah well at least I have a new one to install

Light Green :- Misfiring woes now cured after swapping out all coil packs,plugs, MAF sensor + O2 sensor followed by testing fuel injectors from a known good running car in here :- magic, all misfiring and emu lights disappeared. <<< So I can now offer an appraisal of the full Zero exhaust. It's pricey, fairly quiet at low revs, a tad noisier + deeper bassed at medium -upper revs .......but most importantly it most definitely is performance enhancing over stock < by how much? worth the expense? probably not, but its a fairly simple straightforward uncomplicated avenue to aiding performance. Lithium ion battery installed on this car also (saving 10-11kg)
stock 2001 Dark Green MR-S (6R4)
stock 2004 Black - repurchased from guy who bought yellow 'un

Gibla

The guy who bought the yellow one from me requested if he could keep it at mine. As it's a nice sunny day :- piccies  ;D
So 4 cars on display here

puma2

Quote from: Gibla on April 15, 2023, 15:35The guy who bought the yellow one from me requested if he could keep it at mine. As it's a nice sunny day :- piccies  ;D
So 4 cars on display here

is that not classed as a mini meet now as 1 you down own.
get me on a good weather day for another 1 to add to the list  :))  :))

J88TEO

Can I keep my other 4 with you?

Gibla

Quote from: J88TEO on April 21, 2023, 10:50Can I keep my other 4 with you?
;D
As long as you leave me the keys Joe (so I can drive 'em)

J88TEO

Quote from: Gibla on April 21, 2023, 11:28As long as you leave me the keys Joe (so I can drive 'em)
SORN'ed!

Gibla

This is 2nd set of seats, doorcards  that will replace very tired oem leather variety.....probably won't do a 3rd car..but who knows! 

s12vea

Very nice job
What company did those?
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

Gibla

Quote from: s12vea on April 25, 2023, 19:49Very nice job
What company did those?

Steve Johnson Upholstery

Fb = https://www.facebook.com/steve.johnsonupholstery

Gibla

eg of previous installation (minus the fancy ruffle)

Joesson

Very nice, a Welsh/ Family/ local tartan or did you just like the pattern/ colours.

Gibla

Quote from: Joesson on April 25, 2023, 20:54did you just like the pattern/ colours.

Inspired by a previously owned Golf Gti check cloth seat I'm afraid, although your earlier comment re Welsh tartan has a more romantic ring to it  ;D

s12vea

Quote from: Gibla on April 25, 2023, 20:25Steve Johnson Upholstery

Fb = https://www.facebook.com/steve.johnsonupholstery

Thanks for that, can I ask home much he charged for the work. Just started to look at options for mine
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

Microgerry

Very impressive, looks awesome

Gibla

Quote from: s12vea on April 26, 2023, 07:15Thanks for that, can I ask home much he charged for the work. Just started to look at options for mine

Will pm you later Steve

Gibla

Dark green failed its MOT last Monday:- mostly trivial

eg parking light kaput on the passenger side
headlight aim off
handbrake
emissions:- lambda was 1.05 (but had a partially severed tailpipe on the custom exhaust)

All of the above now attended to with the added bonus of discovering the drop links were kaput:- this has really helped improve the weird handling issues I was having after installing some Yoko 08R tyres (the rear shocks were also not operating as they should with zero rebound despite <12 months old)

Anyways back to where I was ~12 months ago:- I am determined to have a cull
For whatever reason I am planning to keep the MR-S, but will soon have the other two cars up for sale < I only need a 2-car, not 4 car stable.

Gibla

Light green car sold to a guy from Caernarfon who had owned a 70's Austin Healey for many years << he is an enthusiast who will definitely join our happy band asap.

He is genuinely delighted with his purchase.....he should be, that is/was a mint car in fabulous condition. 

Now down to 2 MR2 and a Swift Sport << we will see whether/not it stays like that. The aim should be to get to just 1 MR2, but it's incredibly difficult to choose which should stay/go .......agggh!

It really wouldn't surprise me if I ended up keeping both (but most definitely not be tempted by other 2's for sale....however desirable they may be)

Gibla

Past tense here, I owned 4 of these up until recently.

Now only the two on the left FFZ433, FFZ226

Gibla

Tags: