Vin plate missing

Started by BARNPOT2000, May 16, 2022, 14:56

BARNPOT2000

Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue and if its easy to resolve? When I purchased the car I hadn't noticed that the plate normally mounted on the bulkhead behind the battery was missing. I have no reason to believe there is any foul play at hand. All the vin nos seem present on all the various panels and all match. I have my suspicion that it may have never been fitted, is this possible? There are no tell tale signs in the paintwork and no signs of any respray. Second question is can I get a replacement or a reproduction made as it seems a shame not to make the car complete?
TF099 silver

tricky1138

Quote from: BARNPOT2000 on May 16, 2022, 14:56Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue and if its easy to resolve? When I purchased the car I hadn't noticed that the plate normally mounted on the bulkhead behind the battery was missing. I have no reason to believe there is any foul play at hand. All the vin nos seem present on all the various panels and all match. I have my suspicion that it may have never been fitted, is this possible? There are no tell tale signs in the paintwork and no signs of any respray. Second question is can I get a replacement or a reproduction made as it seems a shame not to make the car complete?

I'm not in front of my MR2 to check, and someone will probably correct me, but I'm sure they moved the VIN plate from the engine bay to the driver doors pillar from about 2004 onwards.

Do you have one there?
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

J88TEO

Yes...around that time.

BARNPOT2000

Quote from: tricky1138 on May 16, 2022, 15:25I'm not in front of my MR2 to check, and someone will probably correct me, but I'm sure they moved the VIN plate from the engine bay to the driver doors pillar from about 2004 onwards.

Do you have one there?
Thanks for that, I'll check but away atm. learning all the time. 😁😎
TF099 silver

Ardent

What tricky said

Tags: