Chrome look

Started by Petrus, June 3, 2022, 15:56

Petrus

Anyone experience with chrome dip/paint?
In the previous century I tried it once and it was crap.
As the world has considerably moved on, has this?

P.e.

TheTigerUK

I will be looking for some as well to chrome spray my "new" mud flaps, your fault Jason !!!!!! :)
Say it with love, say it with flowers but never, never, say it in writing.

The idea is to die young as late as possible :)

fawtytoo

When I purchased my Smart Fortwo, I purchased some chrome wheels as one of the optional extras. Turned out they weren't chrome "plated", but were "painted". After the wheels had been removed a few times (punctures in the tyres mainly), the chrome started to crack and peel off in large amounts. Ended up getting them repainted in a standard titanium look.

It's probably ok, just not on wheels.
"My name is not important" - Slartibartfast

Ardent

Quote from: TheTigerUK on June  3, 2022, 16:39I will be looking for some as well to chrome spray my "new" mud flaps, your fault Jason !!!!!! :)
:-X

Peter Wright

Quote from: Petrus on June  3, 2022, 15:56I tried it once and it was crap.

Tried it couple of weeks ago. (Still Crap)
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Bernie

Can't beat the real thing 😀

You cannot view this attachment.
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

Petrus

Quote from: Peter Wright on June  3, 2022, 17:35Tried it couple of weeks ago. (Still Crap)

Thanks for that  :o  ;)  :))  :))

Petrus

Quote from: Bernie on June  4, 2022, 08:07Can't beat the real thing 😀

No argument there. Point is that, can´t get the real thing either  ::)

Tags: