Exhaust

Started by alancdavis, June 9, 2022, 19:50

alancdavis

Any recomendations for a sporty sounding exhaust ?
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

TheTigerUK

I have to say I am quite happy with the OEM set up but then again i'm old :)
Say it with love, say it with flowers but never, never, say it in writing.

The idea is to die young as late as possible :)

Ardent

define sporty sounding.

For me, best sounding is the TTE, not sure I would class as sporty.
Very subjective.

BARNPOT2000

Quote from: Ardent on June 10, 2022, 21:43define sporty sounding.

Very subjective.
I second that the TTE is a lovely sounding exhaust without being too loud. But, depends on your idea of sporty. I'm old too 😊.
TF099 silver

Petrus

Quote from: Ardent on June 10, 2022, 21:43define sporty sounding.

Very subjective.

and it comes at not just a monetary price  ::)

Alex Knight

TRD exhaust is a good balance if you can find one.

Dev

Exhaust sounds are subjective. For this car some like the more refined sound while others like the more exotic sounding nastiness of roadsters of the past where you can hear the beats of the engine and when you let off on the throttle you have a hint of small firecrackers behind you.
This video sound clip was when I was 1ZZ. With the 2ZZ it sounds like a small displacement carbureted flat crank V8 but fortunately unlike those old cars its quiet at idle.

s12vea

Quote from: Alex Knight on June 14, 2022, 10:41TRD exhaust is a good balance if you can find one.
Arthur has one for sale I think
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

Petrus

Quote from: Alex Knight on June 14, 2022, 10:41TRD exhaust is a good balance if you can find one.

And accept the now ´collectors value´  :o

Petrus

Quote from: Dev on June 14, 2022, 14:17while others like the more exotic sounding nastiness of roadsters of the past where you can hear the beats of the engine and when you let off on the throttle you have a hint of small firecrackers behind you.

You cannot view this attachment.

Alex Knight

Petrus

Thing is the fees, then shipping costs, then duties and lastly vat over all adds up. Roughly doubles the price. No longer relatively cheap. But yes, it is as good as it comes within reasonable money. I´d no doubt pay that for this one over the going rate for a used TTE or an after market new. I agree.

SuperArt

Quote from: s12vea on June 14, 2022, 14:34Arthur has one for sale I think

I've scrapped my plans to build a full TRD sister car to the TTE turbo, all parts must go!
Best regards,
Arthur
Essex - "Always happy to meet up for a weekend drive"
Making demented squirrel noises since 2014
TTE "Turbo Dodo" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?msg=797148
TTE Turbo "Friday" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=73711.0

Petrus

I´d yell dibs if the UK were not nearly the same as Japan for me.
As I wrote for reasonable money it does not get better than a better flowing muffler with Toyota quality. The TRD plate would even see it pass Spanish periodic inspection  :o

Tags: