Cats2u warning

Started by shnazzle, June 18, 2022, 12:11

shnazzle

For those wanting to buy a cat from cats2u, be warned;

Type approval stipulations dictate that they're not allowed to sell a non-type-approved cat to you if your car is newer than 2001.

So... If you're going to buy one, make sure you find a license plate for an old import. 
...neutiquam erro.

Petrus

Quote from: shnazzle on June 18, 2022, 12:11For those wanting to buy a cat from cats2u, be warned;

Type approval stipulations dictate that they're not allowed to sell a non-type-approved cat to you if your car is newer than 2001.

So... If you're going to buy one, make sure you find a license plate for an old import.

like I wrote in different threads; 2001 is step Euro three in this. Step Euro one is 1992, step two is 1996.
In my book it has become critical in buying a car.
Step Euro 4 is the big pisser btw. as the info from the OBD2 port gets accessed.

Not clear about the ´black box´ retro fitting. To which year it cán go back. To be sure, pre OBD.

The Other Stu

Cats2U have always had a different price for a pre-2001 and post. I wonder if this was why.
No Longer Here

Joesson

Everything is for a reason and that which @Petrus mentions seems like a reason.

McMr2

Quote from: shnazzle on June 18, 2022, 12:11For those wanting to buy a cat from cats2u, be warned;

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but if the supplier/seller isn't fitting the part, is it really their burden to confirm what vehicle it will be used on? Seems like a bureaucratic over reach somewhere along the line.
2004 Silver. Stock(ish).

shnazzle

Quote from: McMr2 on June 20, 2022, 16:27Maybe I'm misunderstanding but if the supplier/seller isn't fitting the part, is it really their burden to confirm what vehicle it will be used on? Seems like a bureaucratic over reach somewhere along the line.
It's 100% bureaucratic. But it's also 100% the law. They are not allowed to knowingly sell you a part that is not legal to run on your car.
The mistake I made was to put in my licence plate. 
...neutiquam erro.

Topdownman

Would this also affect handmade sports cats?
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Joesson

Quote from: shnazzle on June 20, 2022, 16:55It's 100% bureaucratic. But it's also 100% the law. They are not allowed to knowingly sell you a part that is not legal to run on your car.
The mistake I made was to put in my licence plate.

Sometimes that can produce a positive.  For instance if when buying a part on line from eg Parts in Motion, giving your Reg. No. gets the response that the part is guaranteed to fit or a free return.

shnazzle

Aside from the warning above; the quality of the cat I received is shocking.
For over 200gbp, I expected a LOT better.

https://ibb.co/94bXr6R

Oh and the fitting kit on the manifold side doesn't fit. The nuts provided have the wrong thread. 

...neutiquam erro.

Petrus

McMr2

Quote from: shnazzle on June 22, 2022, 23:12Aside from the warning above; the quality of the cat I received is shocking.
For over 200gbp, I expected a LOT better.

https://ibb.co/94bXr6R

Oh and the fitting kit on the manifold side doesn't fit. The nuts provided have the wrong thread.

:o
2004 Silver. Stock(ish).

Tags: