Knocking drivers door

Started by bobmcc13, June 20, 2022, 18:26

bobmcc13

My recently acquired 2006  has come with an annoying knocking sound coming from the door area when driving over undulating roads.
This makes the whole driving experience unpleasant which is not what I wanted. I've Had the door card off and there is nothing loose floating around. I've checked all the car and tied everything down so there is nothing loose.
My thoughts strayed to the hing pins, am I in the right area? Nextquestion is are they easy to replace?
As ever your knowledge and advice is invaluable.
Thanks in advance
Bob McClellan

Petrus

Could it be the door lock?
If you fírmly push the door from the outside when closed, do you notice any play? If you do, see below.

Also have search for Dev´s door spacers.
To try it out you can cut a wedge from a sturdy piece of rubber and ´jam´ the door closed so the door and lock are well under tension.

If that eliminated the sound, then:
- adjust the door lock
- contact Dev for a set

rusty0273

I have a pair of Dev's door bushes which I no longer need. No adhesive tape on them but otherwise, as received. £20 delivered seems reasonable if someone wants them.

carolineasb

Our pfl had a knocking noise that I thought was coming from the bins area but turned out it was the lock.
2006 (56) Blue TF300 (Newbie)<br />2001 (Y)  Silver (Oldie)
2004 (04) Black (The Inbetweenie)

Dev

I have heard this is a problem before and it turned out to be a loose latch screws. I would tighten down everything first.

Tags: