Rear brake pads

Started by Fin, June 30, 2022, 00:18

Fin

Apologies if this has already been posted, I didn't see it.
Euro Car Parts are currently selling Eicher rear pads for £5.77, if anyone needs some cheap pads. :)
The Sun is out, the sky is blue,
The roof is down on my MR2,
And I\'m grinning, grinning ear to ear!

AJRFulton

My experience with those ultra cheap Eicher pads are that they can glaze badly and eventually don't stop too great. With having a 2-post ramp in my workshop, I have sort have became the go-to guy in my friend and family circle for discs and pads. I've taken them off a few cars now with the owner complaining of the car not stopping great, to discover Eicher pads with some serious glazing on them.

Tbh a set of decent cheap Pagid or Brembo pads cost about £30. Brakes are such a critical part of the car and to my mind if you can afford to run a car, you can afford the extra £20-30 every 25,000 miles to put on a decent set of pads.

Gaz mr-s

'Eicher'  are their own brand I think, - not seen anyone else selling it.  Someone else on f'book also said they were rubbish.

AJRFulton

Quote from: Gaz mr-s on June 30, 2022, 09:53'Eicher'  are their own brand I think, - not seen anyone else selling it.  Someone else on f'book also said they were rubbish.

I'd use other Eicher bits. I put a set of Eicher drop links on the Transit as I needed them that day and it was all Euro had available, but it's only used for towing the race car, and used as a part time camper van. Lucky if it does 4000 miles a year. That's been 2.5yrs and on inspecting them pre-MOT - they are holding up fine.

Fin

The, at that price, I'll use them as paperweights   :))
The Sun is out, the sky is blue,
The roof is down on my MR2,
And I\'m grinning, grinning ear to ear!

Tags: