P0001 code - fuel volume regulator control - open circuit

Started by J88TEO, October 12, 2022, 23:01

J88TEO

One of my 2 ( left standing for almost 2 years ) has thrown up this code.
What does it mean?

Ardent

is your 2 a stock 2?

Not seeing that code listed against the 2

P0100 but not P0001

J88TEO

Call the midlife!

If it's been stood a while it could be that something has chewed the wiring on the top of the fuel tank...
60% of the time it works everytime...

Carolyn

The code list starts at 0100, as Ardent says: "Mass or volume airflow malfunction".  That indicates a problem with the MAF circuit.  A disconnect and good cleaning of the MAF and the connector contacts with contact cleaner would be my first stab at it.  Take the O ring off before you do it, as the solvent will destroy it.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

J88TEO

Strange.....

Definitely says P0001 on the reader. Am scratching my head!

Carolyn

Quote from: J88TEO on October 13, 2022, 10:23Strange.....

Definitely says P0001 on the reader. Am scratching my head!

Try a different code reader?  Torque Pro with a dongle?  Is the engine management light on?

J88TEO

Yes....
will borrow a different reader from my mate and see what code comes out.

Alex Knight

Dev

Unfortunately and fortunately our cars fuel regulation has no sensor or control system.
 Its purely mechanical and if there is a fault in the fueling it is generally either a lean, rich or misfire.
 I think this is an interesting case non the less and another code reader is the best approach.

A better question would be, how is the car running?

Dev

If you have old fuel in the car I would recommend either draining the tank or if it has little fuel adding dryer into the tank to absorb the water and then add fuel to dilute the old.
I let me car sit for over 2 years, years ago with stabilizer which is only good for one year. I had misfires and codes that went away after adding fresh fuel. The car idled fine but when you opened the throttle a little it would sputter.

Carolyn

Quote from: Dev on October 13, 2022, 19:27Unfortunately and fortunately our cars fuel regulation has no sensor or control system.
 Its purely mechanical and if there is a fault in the fueling it generally either a lean, rich or misfire.
 I think this is an interesting case non the less and another code reader is the best approach.

A better question would be, how is the car running?

I agree.  I was pretty sure the pressure regulator was purely mechanical and there is no related sensor.  Stale fuel is a decent bet....

Dev

Quote from: Carolyn on October 13, 2022, 19:53I agree.  I was pretty sure the pressure regulator was purely mechanical and there is no related sensor.  Stale fuel is a decent bet....

I replace one during the time of trying to trouble shoot negative fuel trims. It sits on the fuel pump housing. It ended up being a MAF that has fallen out of calibration.
 These fuel pressure regulators are spring type that almost never wear out. Toyota keeps it dead simple unlike other manufactures.

Tags: