Trd aliexpress stuff

Started by Nvy, November 22, 2022, 11:13

Nvy

So I have received the door stabilizers from Aliexpress, what should I check in order to make sure they will work correctly? The black stuff looks like they are cheap plastics.

@Dev @Petrus

Petrus

Nothing. Just mount them.
There´s instructions on the web, youtube even.
Then with all fitted take the plastics you´ve just fitted off again, add mounting paste to the inside of those, stick them back on.

Nvy

Quote from: Petrus on November 22, 2022, 11:40Nothing. Just mount them.
There´s instructions on the web, youtube even.
Then with all fitted take the plastics you´ve just fitted off again, add mounting paste to the inside of those, stick them back on.

Just read the other thread, I will keep these as the car is in hibernation and for sale. Just wanted to have them in case. If your son can reproduce the black plastics id be up for couple of sets.

Petrus

Quote from: Nvy on November 22, 2022, 11:43Just read the other thread, I will keep these as the car is in hibernation and for sale. Just wanted to have them in case. If your son can reproduce the black plastics id be up for couple of sets.

ok

idiotgap

I fitted a set of these at the weekend. Dead easy to do following the tube vids on the TRD item.
One of my plastic pads which mount to the door on the driver's side falls off once in a while, the rest seem secure though. What do you mean by mounting paste?
I'd also be interested in spares.
Dave K
2001 PFL Cape Green

Dev

There is a member that got in touch with me on Spyderchat. He said he hot glued the plastic shims.
I do not know if that will help but its better to try than to have them fall out and lost.
I think the best way is to fill up the void on the back side of the shim and then use 3M double sided tape to mount them directly to the door so they never fall out.

Petrus

TheTigerUK

Say it with love, say it with flowers but never, never, say it in writing.

The idea is to die young as late as possible :)

Tags: