That's what you get for trying to cover all the bases!

Started by Carolyn, December 5, 2022, 16:14

Carolyn

The car is up on jackstands , under the tent with a soft cover on and the Optimiser looking after the battery.  What could possibly go wrong?

How about the 'Optimiser' taking the battery down to dead flat!?

I've put the other charger on it- here's hoping the battery comes back to life.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Petrus

Bossworld

Least you spotted it in time! I somehow corrupted my FRM module on the Mini by putting it on charge a couple of weeks back. 5 days before MOT. Thankfully a chap on eBay can reflash them for £30 and I had it back inside 48 hours.

Seemingly a weak point of BMWs of that era but if it's caused by voltage fluctuation, how do you ever take the battery out or charge it?!

Ardent

Quote from: Carolyn on December  5, 2022, 16:14The car is up on jackstands , under the tent with a soft cover on and the Optimiser looking after the battery.  What could possibly go wrong?

How about the 'Optimiser' taking the battery down to dead flat!?

I've put the other charger on it- here's hoping the battery comes back to life.
:o   :'(

Joesson

Reminds me of a story I heard a few years ago:
A very experienced Paramedic was observing a quite well experienced Paramedic and a Paramedic just out of College trying to resuscitate a patient. The two had tried everything that they had been taught and some but the patient was still flat lining.
"What is the one thing that you have not tried yet ?" asked the observer, neither of the operators had an answer.
The observer knelt down and putting his mouth close to the ear of the patient shouted "WAKE UP".

Just maybe that would work on your battery Carolyn.

Carolyn

My handy dandy recently purchased 'smart charger' brought the battery back to life. It was pretty damn flat, so that's a result.
At the same time the battery in the remote for my latching relay isolator went below its useful threshold...  fortunately I had the larger remote (I used a winch remote control) still in reserve and unused.
Now things come in threes, they say??
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Joesson

@Carolyn

Pleased to here your battery has recovered and yes, it is written that if things can go wrong they will, but I think three is just an arbitrary number.

Tags: