TLF has gone soft in the head... :>)

Started by TonyleFrog, February 15, 2023, 15:35

TonyleFrog

Finally got a sunny day to take a couple of pics of this which I acquired last month. 2001 PFL 56k miles. :>)

You cannot view this attachment.
You cannot view this attachment. 
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Chilli Girl

Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

cptspaulding

Former owner 2003, 2zz conversion.

Ardent

The roof dropping when the suns out for one.

TonyleFrog

Quote from: Chilli Girl on February 15, 2023, 16:14I love a Chilli, very nice Tony. ;D
Thanks. :>)

Quote from: cptspaulding on February 15, 2023, 16:53Looks like it needs a few mods.  ;)
No plans in that department. It will be staying stock, same as the Mk2 which it has replaced due to the upcoming expanded London ULEZ.

Quote from: Ardent on February 15, 2023, 21:26The roof dropping when the suns out for one.
  Unfortunately, every time I've been out in it in daylight so far the sun has remained resoultely hidden by cloud. :>(

Craigjm

If it's not raining the roof should be down.

TonyleFrog

Thought I'd provide a little update. 7 months on and 4k miles.

When I bought the car the previous owner had made a bit of a mess of the passenger door by nerfing a concrete pillar in the underground car park at his apartment block. Hence the lack of pics of that side. The gearchange was stiff, likewise the steering, and the handbrake. All that was reflected in the price I paid.

A good dousing of lithium grease to the linkage and the u/j respectively sorted the first two. The handbrake wasn't so simple. One of the cables was corroded and partially seized. About six weeks in the power steering started to play up, cutting out at random. Not ideal when negotiating a roundabout! A couple of weeks later the check light illuminated. Grrrr.

Managed to get hold of a complete s/h door in good condition off FB for £30, plus a working PAS pump from a fellow ROC member. Bit the bullet and replaced both cables.

The only drawbacks compared to the Mk2 n/a for me are the:
Limited carrying space for any bulky items if you have a passenger.
Lights/indicators and wiper controls are the wrong way round (for a RHD car).

Two major plus points. More miles to the gallon and cheaper annual insurance. :>)

puma2

:) not bad so far then with some simple and cheap fixes 8)
what else now to do or happy as it is for now 8)  8)

what ever it is just get out there and enjoy some top down fun :)  :) 

cptspaulding

Quote from: TonyleFrog on August 26, 2023, 00:05Lights/indicators and wiper controls are the wrong way round (for a RHD car).

Is it a JDM MR-S car? UK MR2 has indicator stalk on the left as normal
Former owner 2003, 2zz conversion.

Tags: