Double exhaust

Started by Deano, April 14, 2023, 21:15

Deano

So I need a bit of advice ...  I have a mr2 roadster 2004 twin exhaust two weeks ago i noticed the right hand side was slightly lower so I looked underneath and saw the rubber mount was broken one half but not fully so still holding up pretty well .. so I ordered a new hanger/mount to be fitted during next week but this week I noticed it had dropped even lower and noticed it completely snapped the rubber ... so got it fixed asap but then noticed the left exhaust was further back towards the engine not loads a little but also both exhausts were still dipped towards the floor not as much but not high up as before so I don't know what's gone wrong where  ?? I can only think I have Low kerb where I live and maybe when reversing in maybe the lower side when not fixed may have pushed against the kerb ?? Causing to break but also making both exhaust pointing to the floor

Sorry for the essay but any help will be appreciated !!!

Ardent

It can happen. Getting the tips line up as you would like can be a phaff even without any kerb adjustment.
If the one rubber was tired, reasonable to think the others may be. The twin pipes are secured to the the box by a clamps. Not unreasonable to think these may have rotated a bit.

Hello and welcome BTW

Deano

Quote from: Ardent on April 14, 2023, 21:56It can happen. Getting the tips line up as you would like can be a phaff even without any kerb adjustment.
If the one rubber was tired, reasonable to think the others may be. The twin pipes are secured to the the box by a clamps. Not unreasonable to think these may have rotated a bit.

Hello and welcome BTW

Thank you yes and welcome lol

Perfect someone did mention that the twin exhaust has clamps either side and can be adjusted ... I did order the rest of the rubber mounts .

Thanks for the advice

Ardent

Depending on the history location the car has lived. The clamps can be a ropey.
The good news the clamps and the O rings? gaskets that sit inside are cheap enough.
Mix of  ebay and ECP

Tags: