Soft top Replacemnt

Started by maffiozo1234, April 26, 2023, 15:58

Rushy67

Quote from: poprock on May  8, 2023, 09:37I thought SW Roadsters were out of favour these days. Something about getting caught clocking cars?
See my post re new roof.
I have seen the historical post regards MX5 clocking, but did some due diligence and was happy with Nathan.

puma2

:)
Quote from: Rushy67 on May 11, 2023, 08:05See my post re new roof.
I have seen the historical post regards MX5 clocking, but did some due diligence and was happy with Nathan.

like i said on a earlier post he could not be not be more helpful to me.
he help me a lot while i was down there and would recommend his work on roof replacement anytime :)  :)   

poprock

Looks like I have an option closer to home - I've found a trimmer here in Scotland who's confident he can make a new soft top and my usual mechanic is comfortable with fitting it (he drives a roadster himself).

Failing that, Car Hoods Northern in Manchester have given me a fair quote, and even offered to come up to Glasgow and do a mobile fitting.

puma2

Quote from: poprock on May 12, 2023, 15:13Looks like I have an option closer to home - I've found a trimmer here in Scotland who's confident he can make a new soft top and my usual mechanic is comfortable with fitting it (he drives a roadster himself).

Failing that, Car Hoods Northern in Manchester have given me a fair quote, and even offered to come up to Glasgow and do a mobile fitting.

the last time i looked for mobile fitted price was over £1000.

sound like you have found your best option when done do show as we all like a new roof picture 8)  8)   

poprock

Once I factor in the cost of driving/petrol, overnight stays, meals, etc ... then even a Swansea or South West roof would cost me over £1,000 in total, so prices in that higher range but nearby end up comparable.

Tags: