Your favourite angle

Started by Mr220Mike, May 7, 2023, 17:10

Mr220Mike

I returned to my car parked the other day and had a clear side on view of it and thought it just looked right.

It got me thinking, what's your favourite angle to view your MR2? feel free to add pictures to demonstrate.

SV-3

My favourite (for now) ;D
'03 Mk3 Chilli Red (Avon ZV7's: 26F/32R)
Sony WX-920BT
"Hardtop Cognoscenti"
"Stock Cubed"
"AirCon Aficionado"
"Keeper of the Beeper"
Ex '88 Mk1b White (Yokohama A539's: 26F/28R)
"Here we all are, rumours and old toffee abound." John Martyn

Dev

I like this angle for a few reasons. It shows the exhaust tips and the wheel spokes look very unique like its alive.

Mr220Mike

Quote from: SV-3 on May  7, 2023, 17:37My favourite (for now) ;D
That looks great SV-3 I do like the red but you don't see many do you.

Mr220Mike

Quote from: Dev on May  7, 2023, 17:50I like this angle for a few reasons. It shows the exhaust tips and the wheel spokes look very unique like its alive.

Looks great Dev. Is that a custom exhaust? The wheels also look  8) .

Dev

Thanks. Yes custom exhaust. I went though all sorts of trouble to get the car to look right from all angles.

SV-3

Quote from: Mr220Mike on May  7, 2023, 18:00That looks great SV-3 I do like the red but you don't see many do you.
Thank you - they do seem to be rare; especially in 'the best colour'.
'03 Mk3 Chilli Red (Avon ZV7's: 26F/32R)
Sony WX-920BT
"Hardtop Cognoscenti"
"Stock Cubed"
"AirCon Aficionado"
"Keeper of the Beeper"
Ex '88 Mk1b White (Yokohama A539's: 26F/28R)
"Here we all are, rumours and old toffee abound." John Martyn

McMr2

Quote from: Dev on May  7, 2023, 17:50I like this angle for a few reasons. It shows the exhaust tips and the wheel spokes look very unique like its alive.

I've seen this photo before but didn't realise it was your car. Looks really tidy.
2004 Silver. Stock(ish).

Dev

Quote from: McMr2 on May  7, 2023, 21:41I've seen this photo before but didn't realise it was your car. Looks really tidy.

Thanks and funny you say that. I do not belong on any social media so I really don't really know what is being posted on it. Someone at a meet told me the same thing that they didn't know it was my car and then let me know someone is using my pictures including pictures of other cars I have taken and presenting them as their own without giving me attribution. Not so much claiming its their car but the photography. Although I should consider it the highest complement one can give I don't because I put in the hard work and they just lift my photos and get their likes or whatever metrics to make them feel self important.
It's disheartening but this is not the first time this is happened when I was doing paid work. 

McMr2

Quote from: Dev on May  7, 2023, 21:56Thanks and funny you say that. I do not belong on any social media so I really don't really know what is being posted on it. Someone at a meet told me the same thing that they didn't know it was my car and then let me know someone is using my pictures including pictures of other cars I have taken and presenting them as their own without giving me attribution. Not so much claiming its their car but the photography. Although I should consider it the highest complement one can give I don't because I put in the hard work and they just lift my photos and get their likes or whatever metrics to make them feel self important.
It's disheartening but this is not the first time this is happened when I was doing paid work. 

For the life of me I can't recall where I saw it, but it was some time ago. It's a distinctive car which is why I can remember it.

It's disappointing for someone else to be using your content (for want of a better term), like many here I'm old enough to remember a time before social media when the idea of ripping off someone else's work so brazenly would have been shameful.

2004 Silver. Stock(ish).

Craigjm

What size are those wheels and what suspension setup are you running

Dev

Quote from: Craigjm on May  8, 2023, 00:37What size are those wheels and what suspension setup are you running
Those are 0Z Ultraleggera 16" front and 17" rear. The stagger is very pronounced visually due to spokes.

Suspension is TEIN Super Street coilovers with Whiteline sway bars and high and tight end links.

Bernie

Grrrr

You cannot view this attachment.
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

Craigjm

Quote from: Dev on May  8, 2023, 01:32Those are 0Z Ultraleggera 16" front and 17" rear. The stagger is very pronounced visually due to spokes.

Suspension is TEIN Super Street coilovers with Whiteline sway bars and high and tight end links.

I was considering going to 16 fronts and 17 rears with the tien shocks and springs package. What is the ride like on your setup and what are the wheel worths front and rear?

Dev

Quote from: Craigjm on May  8, 2023, 10:12I was considering going to 16 fronts and 17 rears with the tien shocks and springs package. What is the ride like on your setup and what are the wheel worths front and rear?

The wheel widths are 205/215 .  The actual overall diameter of wheel plus tire hight is the same as OEM for the front. For the rear it is a little taller but not by much over the OEM 16" because of the 40 series profile. Wheel plus tire is lighter than OEM so it is not all show. 

The Teins I have are discontinued and in its place is a cheaper budgeted option. It should be a good street coilover and much better than the cheap Taiwanese coilovers that are too stiff with poor damping. 
 Tein also sells lowering springs that are used with the OEM dampers which are not the same thing.

The best way to describe the ride is very well dampened for the street. It soaks up the bumps and stabilizes the car with the right amount of give in the suspension. There is also good feedback that it makes it confidence inspiring and fun to push it without fear. If you do hit a really bad patch of road the OEM suspension would fair better but for normal roads the ride comfort is better than OEM in my opinion.

MisterK

This is my favourite view...it's the only one I let other drivers see  ;)
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

Petrus

Quote from: Craigjm on May  8, 2023, 10:12I was considering going to 16 fronts and 17 rears

Unless just for looks, go delve a bit into the effects of that on the weight and the effect of thát.
For the dynamics many consider the pfl wheel size the best for this car.

as to the angle

as it highlights the MR2 of the concept.

Gaz2405

Love this angle on mine.

You cannot view this attachment. 

1zz turbo. Home built and home mapped.

Now 2zz turbo. Home built and home mapped

Build thread https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=67004.0

Tags: