Lower radiator mounts

Started by Gaz mr-s, June 11, 2023, 17:53

Gaz mr-s

One in particular is crumbling to bits.

Looking online I can't find any other Toyota that uses the same type.

Has anyone ever replaced them, or does anyone have a useable pair available?

Carolyn

We made some by stacking, drilling and glueing some conveyor belt rubber.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Call the midlife!

I've replaced a pair but can't find the details of where I got them or part number but it took some finding to be able to order some.
60% of the time it works everytime...

Gaz mr-s

Quote from: Carolyn on June 11, 2023, 18:13We made some by stacking, drilling and glueing some conveyor belt rubber.

How did you get a shape to plug into the cross-member?

Gaz mr-s

Thanks C,  I'll see if I can find dimensions.  A decent used pair would be easier though....anyone?

Call the midlife!

Quote from: Gaz mr-s on June 11, 2023, 18:56Thanks C,  I'll see if I can find dimensions.  A decent used pair would be easier though....anyone?
I'd say you haven't got a prayer to be honest, they rot like there's no tomorrow.

jvanzyl

What a timely thread! I'm sure I'll be in this boat shortly..

Call the midlife!

Part number I believe is 90916-04004
MR2Ben lists them at around £22 per unit, which is probably as good as you're going to get.

Gaz mr-s

Quote from: Call the midlife! on June 12, 2023, 08:54Part number I believe is 90916-04004
MR2Ben lists them at around £22 per unit, which is probably as good as you're going to get.

Thanks John, MsDeviant had seen that too.  You're a Yorkshireman though aren't you?  Maybe £22 for a piece of rubber isn't Yorkshire-man expensive, but it certainly Scotsman-is !!   ;D

I've messaged Paul Pridham to ask if he has them.  May try the Avensis ones though.

Call the midlife!

Quote from: Gaz mr-s on June 12, 2023, 09:32Thanks John, MsDeviant had seen that too.  You're a Yorkshireman though aren't you?  Maybe £22 for a piece of rubber isn't Yorkshire-man expensive, but it certainly Scotsman-is !!  ;D

I've messaged Paul Pridham to ask if he has them.  May try the Avensis ones though.
I think I paid around that for the pair I got the other year as it was the only way of getting any but I did begrudge paying that amount for two bits of rubber and alloy.

Joesson

Paul Pridham of TCB, mentioned above, most recently supplied me with SuperPro bushes for my front wish bones and also replacement bolts. Both items were at a price that was very nice compared with elsewhere

jvanzyl

Quote from: Gaz mr-s on June 12, 2023, 09:32Thanks John, MsDeviant had seen that too.  You're a Yorkshireman though aren't you?  Maybe £22 for a piece of rubber isn't Yorkshire-man expensive, but it certainly Scotsman-is !!   ;D

Did you manage to get a better price for these?

jvanzyl

Just looked up the part and it's shared by the following:

jvanzyl

I've ordered 4 from Japan as it's cheaper. Total came to £36 so if anyone wants 2 for £18 drop me a line.

Gaz mr-s

Interesting.  I'm not familiar with the part prefix no' for the MR2.  I may well be interested in the spare pair. It's not my car I'm working on, & have a pair of Celica mounts on the way to try.  The o/e for the 2 seem to be unusual in having metal inside them.....

jvanzyl

Quote from: Gaz mr-s on June 21, 2023, 20:28Interesting.  I'm not familiar with the part prefix no' for the MR2.  I may well be interested in the spare pair. It's not my car I'm working on, & have a pair of Celica mounts on the way to try.  The o/e for the 2 seem to be unusual in having metal inside them.....

Got your PM - will let you know when "over night parts from Japan" arrive.

Tags: