Blue Flame Exhaust

Started by Anonymous, June 15, 2005, 21:43

Anonymous

Doony and others have mentioned the blue Flame Exhaust available at some reasonable prices on Ebay. I got hold hold of a nearly new one of these at a rather nice price so thought i'd let you know what I think. So it arrived today and i've taken some photos

m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB2/album_ ... ?pic_id=46 m

m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB2/album_ ... ?pic_id=45 m

m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB2/album_ ... ?pic_id=44 m

Really please with the quality and its condition as I said its not brand new. I've weighed it at 9.4 Kg. Anyone know what the stock one weighs? Hoping the BlueFlame is less?

The tip is 4 inches the standard is 2.5 inches. It is quite large but i'm hoping not stupidly so, will let you know when it's on the car and i'll post pictures.

Update to follow when i've had it fitted.

Anonymous

ooh i look forward to too that, i'm really fancying this as the money saved will pay for other mods, my only concern is the tip will look fat and nova boy

Anyhow, the stock exhaust is 28lbs, and the blue flame at 9.4kg is 20.68lbs, so quite a bit lighter  s:) :) s:)

Tem

Quote from: "RaGE"I've weighed it at 9.4 Kg. Anyone know what the stock one weighs? Hoping the BlueFlame is less?

12.5kg
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

I recently bought one and am well pleased with it (recommended it on the forum recently) its a lot lighter and sounds nice but not in your face. the tip  of the pipe is quite big but not too over the top and i have got used to it now, would recommend them as service was V good

Anonymous

Got mine fitted yesterday. No pictures yet as my home ADSl connection is down.

First impressions:

Sound: I have the replacement intake pipe and no pre-cats. As far as i'm concerned the exhaust is loud! Lots of bassy resonance at 2k - 3k revs. Is it too loud? To early to tell but maybe. I've never heard any other replacement exhausts for the 2 so cant make a comparison.

Looks: Yes the Tip is large and it would look better if it was slightly smaller but it doesnt look stupid. I was running without the nappy before but i've now put this back on and this helps the looks as it balances out the size of the tip. The tip also sticks out quite a lot from the back of the car.

When I post the pictures you can pass your judgement!

Anonymous

Quick Update.

I'm sure that I can feel the weight reduction that this exhaust gives. Most noticeable on high speed sweeping corners e.g tight dual carriageway corners. The car feels like it is leaning less heavily on the outside rear tyre. Gives you more confidence to push harder.

alancdavis

I KNOW i SOUND SILLY FOR ASKING,BUT,,,,,IF i CHANGE MY EXHAUST TO A TWIN PIPE OUTLET,,,WHAT IS ALL THE TALK ABOUT CATS AND PRECATS ABOUT?????
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

markiii

not sure what your asking to be honest.

dual or single exit exhaust has nothing to do with your main or pre-cats
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

alancdavis

SO I CUOLD GO AHEAD AND FIT A REPLACEMENT AFTERMARKET EXHAUST WITHOUT A PROBLEM,,,,,,,
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Bongo

Most exhausts are cat back exhausts so they will have no effect on the cats or precats as these are left as is.

alancdavis

Now that is clear????????   I think !!!!!!   Anyrecomendations for a twin exhaust for my "2"

heathstimpson

Quote from: "alancdavis"Now that is clear????????   I think !!!!!!   Anyrecomendations for a twin exhaust for my "2"
H&S ot TTE  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

alancdavis

Do you have a link or web adress,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,please

Bongo

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=91 m

That thread has pretty much all the info on the H&S.

They sound awesome. Especially in tunnels.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Is it me, or is the exhaust pointing down in those photos?   s:? :? s:?  

Looks pretty good though.

Anonymous

Quote from: "ekona"Is it me, or is the exhaust pointing down in those photos?   s:? :? s:?  

Looks pretty good though.

It's the slash cut that makes it look like that in the photo. The looks are growing on me. Still think it's a bit noisy at around 2000 revs. Hoping it will resonate less once it cokes up a bit.

Anonymous

C'mon, when does anyone drive at 2000RPM, except on the way through to 6500?!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

kanujunkie

looks promising, are you coming to JAE?

were going to be doing the noise runs with the sound meter and can check it out
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "ekona"C'mon, when does anyone drive at 2000RPM, except on the way through to 6500?!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

When i'm trying to be quiet dawdling around town at 30!

Jst come back from a week in Cornwall. I still think its loud but i'm getting used to it! It's burbling and popping a lot now and i think resonating slightly less. Unfortunately i wont be at JAE as i'm at a party in Yorkshire. It would be interesting to see if i'm just being an old man when it comes to how noisy it is.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "RaGE"Unfortunately i wont be at JAE as i'm at a party in Yorkshire. It would be interesting to see if i'm just being an old man when it comes to how noisy it is.
That's a shame we won't be able to measure the noise level on our sound off comp  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Has anyone seen or bought this exhaust?

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0014068605 m

It uses the exact same photos as the blueflame exhaust but is £50 cheaper  s:? :? s:?

enid_b

that one todd has a 4.5 out pipe tip on it,

if people are ummin and arrghin about a 4" pipe, this may push you into saxo territory
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

kanujunkie

Thread Locked before we get a plague of Blueflame exhaust threads  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tags: