Mat Problems

Started by Bongo, June 23, 2005, 17:07

Bongo

Got some nice new carpet mats from MrT today and have a slight problem.

They have two peg holes and my car only has one hole (of a different type).

Have I got the wrong type or is it because my car is an EU car?

Slacey

Seems odd - mine is an EU car yet the mats I bought from a dealer here in the UK only had the one hole in them, matching the one in the carpet  s:? :? s:?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Bongo

So does anyone know which cars have mats with 2 holes then?   s:? :? s:?

Slacey

I'm not sure, but I know the Yaris' only have one hole too.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

GSB

Later cars, like my '04, have 2 hooks in the carpets....

I may, and thats only a 'may', have an early '01 hook kicking around at work. I'll have to check...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Bongo

Looks like it's back to MrT for me then. *sigh*

Bongo

Quote from: "GSB"I may, and thats only a 'may', have an early '01 hook kicking around at work. I'll have to check...

Thanks for that, It may come in handy if MrT are a bit unhelpful...

Anonymous

I'm just changing from a Celica to a MR2 and my Celica has 2 holes in the mats if that helps.

Marge

GSB

Quote from: "Bongo"
Quote from: "GSB"I may, and thats only a 'may', have an early '01 hook kicking around at work. I'll have to check...

Thanks for that, It may come in handy if MrT are a bit unhelpful...

Dont bother, they dont sell them seperately... Thats why I nicked one from a demonstrator...  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Bongo

Oh I was going to go in and moan that they ordered the wrong mats in... I have to pop in next week to see if they can sort the heatshield rattle under extended warranty anyway.

Anonymous

Mine's a "52" Reg and it has two pegs

darrenjuggins

Hi,

I think you will find all the mats now have two holes for the MR2, I replaced my originals and they had two holes in the drives side.

It really isn't that much of a problem and I suspect you can't actually buy a single hole one anymore.

Cheers

Darren J
Darren A. Juggins

Bongo

It is a problem as i need a single hook   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Bongo"So does anyone know which cars have mats with 2 holes then?   s:? :? s:?

mine has 2 holes and was supplied minus the pegs, never had a problem with the carpets moving so if you cant get any then dont worry too much
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Liz

My dealer gave me a peg for the floor when I mentioned that my car hadn't got one of them....must of been in a good mood that day!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

darrenjuggins

Bongo,

I mis understood - you mean you don't have a l shaped peg at all ?

I'll have a look around in the garage, see if I can find you my other one.

Cheers

Darren J
Darren A. Juggins

Bongo

No, when i bought my car it had third party mats. I upgraded to the new ones to be left pegless   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

I'd certainly appreciate it if anyone did have a spare peg  s:) :) s:)

SteveJ

The pegs are supplied with the mats. If you dont have them then take the mats back and complain because the dealer has almost certainly knicked them to give to another customer.

Bongo

I have the wrong pegs, not no pegs.

Apparantly that is how they come nowadays?   s:? :? s:?

SteveJ

The pegs are the same regardless of pre or post face lift. The only difference is post face lift (ie. late '52 plate onwards) there are 2 fixing points.

All models used an 'L' shaped hook - one end goes in a hole in the carpet, and the mat hooks onto it.

If the hooks are not 'L' shaped then agreed you have the wrong ones - take them back and request they supply the correct ones or give you your money back.

Bongo

I'll take photos of the offending articles tomorrow then and someone can tell me where i'm going wrong   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

darrenjuggins

Oh my head hurts (tee, hee).....

Bongo - do you have a hole in the floor near(ish) your petrol flat and boot opener ? if so the L shaped peg (if you have one) should fit in with the two springy bit end, then the smooth end should then fit in the hole in the mat...

or am I getting confused with what we are after here.... (long day yesterday, not much sleep, so I could be confused)

Tee, Hee

Darren J
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

I have an 02 car and bought my mats a few months ago.  The driver's mat has two holes, but my car only has one.  The mats came with 2 hooks/pins, and I just used one of them.  It fits perfectly - I still have the other one somewhere, if anyone needs one.

darrenjuggins

Bongo does - I think !
Darren A. Juggins

Bongo

Problem solved!

It turns out that the hooks were the right ones but the reason i could not get them to fit was the hole had been filled with some form of plug/adapter that looked like it needed a different sort of hook.   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Thanks for all the help, feel free to laugh at me   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

I've also got a spare hook if anyone needs one...

Tags: